Chapter 9 Victory!

Picture of Clark<<<<<

Evangeline POV

"Okay here we go" I groan kicking off my heels.

Dancing to uptown funk, I look around the room.

"Nope. Look at me" Clark demands. Hes right. If I catch eyes with Heather and see her taunting me I'll march over there and back slap-

"Your getting distracted" he grins. The kind of grin that'll make girls drop. I smile back sarcastically flipping him off. He can try but that is definitely not working on me.

He chuckles and wraps his hand around my elbow leading me to him. Before I can smack his hand away his hand slides down to my hand and spins me. I'm sorry but is this tango? No it's funk. I push away from him and do a cart wheel with one hand and finish it with a back flip.

Everyone cheers catching me off guard. But it's enough to encourage me to do more. 

I do a aerial cartwheel next, it's like a cartwheel but your hands can't touch the floor.

When I land i turn to Clark who's chewing on his lip probably admitting defeat. He surprises me when he does a front walkover, a front flip, and finishes it with a back flip. Everyone explodes in cheers.

The song is almost over and I will not be defeated by Clark.

While he's too busy taking a bow I get a running start and run. I step on Clark's back-- before you say anything I dont weight that much. Besides Clark's in a really good shape. He has nice biceps and calves and that shirt fits perfectly on him, I bet he has a six pack-- Nope. I won't get distracted.  I step on Clark and leap doing a very complicated flip in the air and land with a straight posture.

The song ends and the crowd goes wild!!!
******************************************
Clark

I got to admit, beating Casey feels amazing. The songs almost ending in like one minute. I take a deep bow and realise too late what a huge mistake I just made. The one thing I've learned is that the Anderson's never quit.

I feel light feets on my back and when I look up she's in the air doing impressive flips and she lands with grace. She has the body of a ballerina.

Everyone whistles and cheers but looking at Casey she probably thinks everyones going crazy for her. Shes waving at them and taking multiple bows. I chuckle and she stands up walking over to me with a smile. That's the first.

"You know maybe next time you shouldn't celebrate too early" her dimples deepen as she grins wider.

"Oh so there's going to be a next time" I step closer, watching her carefully.

She shrugs "perhaps?" Now the dance floor is full with people dancing. The song "roses" by the Chainsmokers fill the room. She begins dancing and I follow. She twirls and her hair fans around her untucking from her ear. Taking a step closer I grab her arm to stop her movements. She looks up at me in question but still a smile playing on her lips.

I raise my hand and tuck her hair behind her ear. She freezes as does my hand, frozen on her cheek. Her smile disappears.

"Hey guys!" We jump apart, startled.

Casey clears her throat "hey Courtney, what's up" Courtney laughs.

"Did you drink anything?" Courtney nods her head eagerly.

"Something from a plastic red cup" she giggles again.

Caseys eyes widen "you moron! Ugh let's go. Eww don't sit down, have you not seen all things nasty footprints. Who knows what's in the bottom of all these people's shoes. which reminds me let's go look for my high heels...no nevermind them let's go" Courtney gets up and Casey grabs her arm and leaves. Not turning around to say a bye or even a thankyou for saving her party.

Turning around I head back to the DJ booth. Maybe I could help him with the songs.

"Oh! Bye Clark. And thanks" I turn and see Casey. She smiles and awkwardly pats my arm.

"Okay. Have to go before Courtney finds another red plastic cup. Hey! Courtney that better not be you!" She runs off and I feel a goofy grin starting to appear on my face.
                   *******************

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. How'd you think of this chapter? Well don't be a silent reader! There's more to come. Please vote, comment and share :)

~jen