Chapter 13

Pic by Evermorelovable

____________________

Than

      I stared at the old wooden door in front of me; I was waiting for my second in command to come back with news of the royal army’s numbers. I was planning a surprise attack on Miss Goody Too Shoe Queen Emmaline’s kingdom. I had been planning this attack for a while and the time to put it in action is now. I was going to wait a few months, until after Callie became the Queen. She’d be new at being the one in power and that would be when they are at their weakest.    

  Even though thinking about everything Queen Emmaline did made my blood boil, I couldn’t bring myself to feel the same way for Callie. I know I should, after all she is the one taking the queens place, but I just couldn’t. I have trained myself and my rogues to block out all the emotions because they are the biggest weakness one can own but I can’t even block out that emotion myself. Even after everything I have done to Callie and everything Callie has done to me, I still can’t bring myself to hate her. Dislike her maybe, but not hate.

      A sudden knock on the door pulled me out of my trance. I looked up to see Honos, my second in command. Honos’ parents were named after Sors, the god of luck and Spes, the goddess of hope so it only made sense that their son was named after a god as well. Honos is named after the god of chivalry, honor and military justice. Well at least they got two of the three right, but chivalry was definitely not in Honos’ nature.

      He didn’t care or bother to be nice to anyone, well except me but even that has its limits.

  “Honos, so nice of you to join me,” I said whiles gesturing for him to take a seat in the old wooden chair in front of me.    

  “Ahh, yes Than I am here,” He replied without emotion.    

  “So what is the intake on the situation?”

Honos looked me in the eyes, “Hundreds of warriors.”    

  Usually when someone looks their Alpha in the eyes it is taken as a challenge for their position. I take it that way with everyone except Honos. He looks everybody in the eyes because that’s how he takes comfort. Knowing if he should trust you are if you are lying. Also, I wasn’t technically an Alpha since this is a pack of rogues and therefore don’t officially belong to a pack even though the name implies so.    

  “I see . . . Did you notice any breaches in their security?” If we couldn’t out number them then we need to out smart them.    

  “Well I noticed one . . .”

      I smiled, “Good then let’s get started.”  

  _-_-_    

  Callie    

  Grr, why did Leo have to do that? Did he really expect me to be able to concentrate on what’s at hand after he kissed me? Argh! I hate Leo right now! I bickered with myself as I stepped outside.    
  I was immediately hit with the breeze sending the scent of Than shooting towards me. I looked around trying to find him but all I could come across were his rogues. This fact annoyed me. I knew Than and he had sneaky ways and although I knew he wasn’t one to just be hanging around in plain sight, he usually revealed himself to me.    

  “Callie, watch your back!” I heard Leo yell from behind me. I turned around just in time to catch a rogue in mid spring at me. I ejected my fangs and quickly ripped his head off. He fell to the ground immediately motionless as I retracted my fangs just as quickly as they had come out. I spat the blood from the rogue onto the ground beside me. Even though I had the powers and blood of a vampire, I still hated blood. Guess I’m not in the right profession.

      “Thanks,” I said to Leo who was now right beside me. He nodded.

      “Is Than one of these wolves?” He asked looking around.

      “No, he has purple eyes, almost impossible to miss.”

      “Yet still you have missed him.” I didn’t have to look at Leo to tell he had a small smirk on his face.
      “Shut up,” I said simply but I couldn’t help but let a light feeling take over in the pit of my stomach. One kiss and then all my resolve turns into mush, seriously? I haven’t even gotten my revenge on him yet.

      And then, so suddenly that I had thought it was just a trick of my mind, I saw a flash of dark hair and a flare of purple.

      “Leo, why don’t you go and help out the others, I’ll try and find Than,” I said quickly.

      He sighed, “Fine but promise me that you let me or at least someone know when you do find him so that you don’t get hurt.”

      “Yeah yeah, whatever,” In your wildest dreams.

      Without second thought, I started running in the direction that I had spotted Than. I leaped into the air and shifted into my swift wolf. My wolf form was quite small for my power but I supposed that it is that way because I am not just a normal werewolf. My wolf had a shiny dark brown coat that was not an unusual color. But while most other wolves had a shade of brown eyes, mine were a vivid golden due to my, inheritance, as one may put it.

      It took me several minutes of running and sniffing to finally track down Than, but I managed to find him. He was lying down against a rock in the middle waiting for me. I quickly shifted back into my human form all while thanking who ever invented our armor suits so that they form back onto you. I definitely wouldn’t want Than to see me naked, especially after our history.  

  Than looked up as I exited the protection of the trees, “Callie, long time no see, eh?”    

  I rolled my eyes, “Not long enough obviously.”

      “You know you missed me and don’t you even try to deny it.”    

  I could feel his bright eyes piercing into mine, trying to dig up something – anything from my eyes. I knew him to well for that trick of his to work on me though so I had already hid my emotions behind a wall, a brick wall.

      Suddenly and unexpectedly, Than’s expression changed from his playful mood to anger.

      “You brought a friend? I thought you would have known better then that by know, Call.”    
  What was he talking about; I didn’t bring anyone with me.

      I heard footsteps from behind me and I quickly turned around to see who the unwanted visitor was.

      “What are you doing here Leo? I thought I told you not to follow me!”

      “I wasn’t going to leave my mate unprotected against some bastard and you know me, my brain is hotwired to take the word ‘don’t’ as a ‘I dare you to’.”

      Than’s laughter made me turn my eyes away from Leo and back to him.

      “Well, this is going to be interesting.”

_-_-_

I seriously apologies for the spacing