Chapter 5

Dedicated to BeautifuL17KhaoS for the amazing new cover!

@#@#

Recap: (Leo’s POV)

          Once I had calmed myself down I whined slightly, before lying down on top of my ruined bed and put my paws on top of my nose.

                One way or another I will find Callie, not because I care about her, but because I need to make sure she is ok.

Chapter 4:

                One Year Later

                Callie’s POV

                I bit my lip trying to shallow my laughter and looked at my best friend, Devin. I had met her about a month after my memory had been returned. The queen’s guards had found her left in a forest to bleed to death after a group of rogues kidnapped her and her family a few years back. She was tall; around 6’3 with grey eyes that seemed to always have a gleam of green in them. She had crimson hair, an olive completion and she still had a bit of a Russian accent. But don’t let her looks fool you. Although she is quite slender, she is strong, like really strong. She would always be playing tackle football or wrestling with the guys in her free time.

                She had been my best friend ever since we had first met. At first it took a little trust but soon enough she opened up to me. There were no secrets unshared between the two of us. I knew everything about her past and she knew everything about mine.

                Neither of us had found our mates yet either, so we were free to play around, if you catch my drift. Well not quite like that.

                Currently we were sitting on a balcony in the hot summer sun. We had been watching some of the goody-too-shoe sluts trying to hit on Dexter. Dexter was also one of my best friends. He was a guard and a very good one at that. Unlike us though, he had found his mate but she had been killed by a group of rogues. He had ashen blonde hair and deep blue eyes like the sea with a dazzling smile that could make anyone fall on their knees. Too bad he wasn’t interested in anyone other than his mate. Whenever he would be feeling depressed about her death, Devin and I would always make him talk about her and tell us how amazing she was. It would cheer him up sometimes and it was always nice to hear the stories he had to share.

                The girls that were currently bugging him were wearing bright pink close that look like they were actually made for a Barbie dolls. They were the rich snobs of the kingdom type place we live in and thought that because their parents were part of the queens ‘entourage’ that they were better then everyone – they even thought they were better than the queen. Did I mention that Devin hated pink and snobby people with a passion? No? Well, she does.

                Dexter was trying to brush them off but they kept coming back. I know we should help him and we are being a horrible friend for just standing back and laughing but it was hilarious.

                We were still laughing and watching Dexter suffer when the balcony doors opened and the queen stepped out.

                She will still be the queen for exactly one more month until I’m eighteen and take over the position. I was not going to lie, I was nervous. Ruling a world of supernatural’s is going to be a whole lot of responsibility but I guess the queen wouldn’t have choose me and I wouldn’t have succeeded to pass all the tests if I wasn’t capable of taking on all of this.