Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:

Riker’s Point of View:

         As we walked down the stairs together, I wrapped my arms around her waist, holding her close to my body. My head was resting on her shoulder; my breath was warm on her neck.

         We walked over to the couch and just laid there for a little while, neither of us said anything for a long time. And we were okay with that. It wasn’t awkward or anything, it was peaceful just to hear his breathing next to me.

         I adjusted my body so we were face to face. There was something in her eyes, a sweet passion of love and joy.

          “I want to meet Lex.” I whisper. The air was silent before she pushed herself up onto her elbows.

         “Rik, I don’t know.” Her voice trailed off. There was a fear in her blue eyes. I could tell she was scared. I rested my hand on her face gently.

         “Liz, I get it. You’re scared to let someone in to Lex’s life again. I understand you don’t want to let his get hurt again.” I rested my forehead against hers.

         She looked down, avoiding my stare. “This isn’t a question you can just pop on me.” She was quiet for a minute; her brown hair fell into her eyes. “I really have to think about this Riker.”

         I took a glance over to the clock on the wall and let out a deep sigh. “I should probably get going Liz. It’s almost two in the morning.” Together, my girlfriend and I stood up from the couch and started to make our way to her front door.

         My fingers managed to wrap around her tiny fingers. “Riker?” He voice was a small whisper.

         I looked down to her. She rested on the doorframe, a small smile playing at her lips. “Yes.”

                                      ~~~

         Saturdays in the Lynch house means football all morning! And we don’t play it easy. “Down, set, hike!” Rocky called out as we stood on opposite sides of the middle line.

         We were all running around, trying to grab the ball, taking it to the end zone. Rydel was the one to catch it. I looked over to her; she looked back at me, a smirk on her face. She threw it to me, and I ran like my life depended on it. With Ryland and Ratliff defending me, I made it to the end zone slamming the ball into the ground with a proud smile on my face. “Yeah! That’s how you win!”

         Together, we all walked back into the house, everybody chattering to one another. Ryland and I fell into step together. “So, how did it go meeting Liz’s friends?” He asked, pouring two cups of water for both of us.

         “Good, they were pretty cool.” I explained. “I’m actually going to meet up with her friend Quinn. He wanted to talk before things get serious between Liz and me.”

         “You guys couldn’t have possibly stayed at the club at late. What else did you guys do?” Ryland rested his elbow on the counter.

         I looked down at my drink, debating if I should bring up Lex or not. With a deep breath, I looked over to my youngest brother. “After the club, Liz and I went to get her son-”

         Before another word could get out of my mouth, everybody stopped what they were doing and looked at me. Mom dropped her glass, and Dad dropped his plate.