Mr. Beautiful Devil

As I stood in front of my wardrobe I contemplated if I should in fact get ready for that date that I still didn't confirm with Jesse yet. I wanted to provide a loophole in case I wasn't going to come by not replying to him, but can still come if I decide to go. So like the smart lady that I'm I didn't respond to his text. Knowing Jesse he would show up either way.

I sat there scanning my wardrobe for something to wear. It's not even that I can't decide what to wear, it's weather I really wanted to go on a date with Jesse, after I kissed him and my boss.

God!

I groaned in annoyance, and decided to grab my brown pencil skirt, tight brown long sleeve top, and a pair of high knee leather boots.

I look like a god damn tree bark, i thought to myself.

I looked up at the clock, as it struck 50 minutes past 7. I was becoming awfully nervous. So much for trying to get rid of him.

I quickly re applied my lip gloss, took a final look at the mirror and head to the living room where Thalia was reading a book by the couch.

She looked up, grinning from ear to ear "Someone looks fantastic".

"It's definitely not me trying," I responded sarcastically. She rolled her eyes in annoyance, and patted down the space next to her.

"I know you re terrified, but give it a try before you decide this is all a bad idea. You are obviously attracted to him somehow."

"But I also kissed my boss, I can't even look at him at work today. It was all wrong."

"So what- kissing someone doesn't mean you are stuck with them forever."

Covering my face with my hands, I inhaled deeply as I tried to call myself down.

The doorbell rang by 8pm, we both looked at each other and Thalia's face almost instantly lit up. She seem more excited than I was about this date.

I opened the door to a more casually dress Jesse. He was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans and a white shirt that hugged his biceps nicely. His hair was styled and he had a beaming smile. In his hand a single rose.

He handed it to me and I took it and instinkt went to smell it, "thank you".

"I knew you are coming."

"Actually I'm going out to the bar just now," I responded defensively. He placed his hand over to the side of my head against the door frame, he cocked his head at me and asked, "are you sure?."

I was out of it. He was so fine. His smell fine too.

"Uh huh," I nodded silently.

He looked me square in the eyes, "are you
sure Amelia?"

I simply shook my head, and his smile re appeared. I just wanted him to move as far away from my face. I quickly backed away nervously and grabbed my bag, "Thalia I'm going to leave."

"Jesse, you better bring my girl back before 10!" Thalia shouted from the kitchen.

"Sure thing Miss. Grendeur," Jesse replied.

He smiled mischievously, it was making my stomach turn. He took my hand and led us downstairs into his car.

Jesse opened the door for me, and I sat down by the passenger side. He leaned over me, making me nervous, grabbed the seatbelt and fastened it for me. I could have done that by myself.

Instead I said, "You are wearing jeans".

He was like a normal man for once. He looked as if he was someone I met in a cafe.