Chapter 10

"Chris, they're gone!" I cried as I gripped my fingers into his shirt.

His hand gently petted my hair at the back of my neck as he softly says, "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have left you with them. They shouldn't have put you through that."

I picked my head up to look him in the eyes even though mine were blurred by tears, "But, they're dead. What do we do?"

He gazed up at me with an unchanged expression murmuring, "No, they're not."

I swiftly sat up frantically speaking, "They have to be. That fall was too far for them to make it."

Chris moved into a sitting position, pointing down, "See for yourself."

I turned my eyes to where he directed, finding them all standing on a piece of land that wasn't that far from the bridge. They seemed to be looking for me.

"How did they even manage to get over there?" I asked in disbelief.

Chris looked like he was debating on what to say. "They do this a lot more than you think. They think it's fun for some fucked up reason. Come on, let's get off this thing."

Chris helped me to my feet and I noticed as I began to walk that I felt lightheaded. He laced his arms underneath mine and helped me back to my bike. I was surprised that he got on first and motioned for me to get on behind him.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I climbed on and wrapped my arms around his torso while resting my head on the back of his shoulder.

"I'm taking you home." He tells me as he starts the motorcycle and then we sped off into the night.

Both of us remained quiet the whole way there and my head was spinning too much from the wine to even try to make conversation. I hoped that I could get off the bike before I got sick or something. Chris had enough sense to turn the bike off before we got too close to the house. We walked up to a full driveway and I let out a groan.

"Are you alright?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just pretty sure that they are all going to kill me for taking the bike out, even though I wasn't supposed to." I explain as I did my best to keep up with his ridiculously long strides, stumbling with nearly every step I took.

Chris must have gotten the bike on its kick stand a lot quicker than I had thought, because he was suddenly back by my side to steady me. He did his best to keep me straight as he mumbled, "I think they'll be more concerned with this."

"I only took like, two drinks, why am I already like this?"

Chris smirked slightly, "I guess you're just a lightweight."

I chuckled, "I guess you're right."

"Do you really think you'd get in trouble on your birthday?"

"There isn't a doubt in my mind, especially since I'm sort of tipsy."

Chris silently pondered over something for a moment, kicking aside a large piece of gravel he suggested, "You could just spend the night with me or you could just stay until you're sober."

The idea alone had my heart melting, his shy behavior only made it that much cuter. I knew in the back of my mind that this was only going to make things worse for me when I actually did go home, but right I didn't care all that much.

"Alright, where to?"

He smiled lightly as he gestured for me to follow him, guiding the bike along with us. As soon as we were away from the house we got back on the motorcycle. I was glad that wherever we were heading to wasn't in the direction of the bar. We rode through neighborhood after neighborhood, until we reached any area full of houses that were clearly unoccupied.