13. Should I be scared or happy?

Start from the beginning

"That guy is cute and looking your way." Juli elbowed me giggling not realizing that it was because of him Jase was still sitting slightly annoyed and not very happy.

"Shush." I slapped the back of her head and ignored any other stupid comments she made about the guy. Everything I slapped Juli it made Jase feel a lot better because it was helping to get his mind of whatever scenario had just happened.

"TO WIN!" They replied.

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?"

"NOW!" With that he winked at me and mouthed 'don't lose it'; which I am guessing he meant the piece of paper he had shoved in my hand. Heading his words I tucked it inside my pocket ensuring that it was with me and hopefully I would not lose it since I am very accident prone. His team took their positions and did a few more small warm ups.

"Ha ha, well that was quite the entry." The announcer chuckled. "Now then, our very own, it's the fast, cunning and agile. IT'S THE EAGLES." With that one by one, our team came out waving at everyone and smiling as they were full of energy. Our side roared and screamed getting up from their seats and giving our team all the morale they needed. Right at the back came a very annoyed looking Robbie, followed Chris who had a huge grin plastered on his face and Dante and Blake jogging alongside one another to their positions.

Well, it had seemed that before Dante began to jog up to me I thought that Dante had been jogging to his position but it turns out I had thought wrong as he began to jog up to me. Everyone slowly calmed down and there was almost silence.

"Tesoro, remember my little dare." Dante smirked as he approached me.

"Ooh" Both Juli and Jase laughed understanding what he meant while I was startstruck as to why he was even here. I mean his game was going to start and here he was putting all the attention on us; something I did not like.

"No?" I tried stating but it came out more as a question and then I remembered:

"I have to give number two a kiss before an important event and it says here a match counts as one. So, Haley . . ." He licked his lips.

"W-when's y-your match?" I stuttered beginning to hate even participating in this dreadful game.

"Tomorrow." He shrugged and spun the bottle as if this was nothing.

I quickly shook my headas the truth smacked me hard in the face.

"R-right, I t-thought we w-were joking." I stuttered. He could not kiss me now. There was more than eight hundred people present here and all eyes were on us. I'm sure that even the ants under the floorboards were watching us. Everyone would probably think we had a thing going on or we were dating or worse... that I was another one of his 'girls' and that I definitely could not have happening. I mean, my enemy and me, that would be disgusting.

"I can tell, you don't want to and plus neither do I. I mean, the school will think we have a thing on if I kiss you right before my match and I don't want them thinking I'm dating..." he looked at me up and down before finishing his sentence, "... you. I just came to thank you for earlier."

"Mm hmm." I shook my head at the idiot who thought he was all that. He lightly pecked me on my cheek which I didn't even notice until he had finally jogged to his position.

"Hal, you're blushing. Might want to cover your cheeks." Juli whispered and Jase obviously heard it as he laughed out loud and shook his head at my stupidity.

"Someone liked that." Jase chuckled before putting his arm around my shoulder and I slapped his hand away making Juli laugh this time.

"Well, that was definitely something." The announcer chuckled yet again. "Let's ignore that since all players in position, so the game can begin."