Chapter Twenty Five

A/N: Whaddup everyone!!! I am finally back! I'm sorry it's taken around a year for an update but I had writers block. Still kinda do but I really need to finish this story. Sorry if this chapter is rubbish it's a bit of a filler.

"Scott, you might want to turn around," I told my husband over the communicator, "there's been a massive earthquake in New Zealand and there are people trapped in buildings that are really close to collapsing."
"F.A.B," Scott replied trying to hide a sigh.
"I'll make sure there's plenty of coffee for you when you get back," I promised. The boys had been on at least five rescues each back to back. Alan and Gordon had just got their first break and were passed out on the couches.
"I knew there was a reason I married you," Scott smiled.
"Well, my coffee is the best," I laughed. "Oh, I almost forgot," I said, "could you send Virgil to Kaikoura to clean up a landslide caused by the earthquake please. It's blocking off the city."
"Okay," Scott said, "I'll hopefully be home soon."
"See you then," I smiled before switching off my comms.
"Everything okay?" Grandma Tracy asked as she walked into the room.
"Today has been so hectic," I sighed, "I feel sorry for the boys."
"But what about you, dear," she questioned, "today has been just as bad for you. Helping out the boys, looking after a 7 month old."
"I've had your help," I shrugged.
"Why don't you go to bed, Amelia," Grandma Tracy said, "I'll get the boys home and rested."
"I told Scott I'd wait until he got home," I said with a yawn.
"He'll understand if you go to bed without him."
I nodded and stood up. "Thanks, Grandma," I said giving her a hug before walking off to the kitchen. I filled up the espresso machine and left a note for the boys. I headed for mine and Scott's room before collapsing on the bed fully clothed and fell asleep.

***

I woke up the next morning to Scott softly snoring next to me. He was still in his International Rescue uniform, although his utility belt was lying on the floor, the grapple lines all over the place. Noah was sitting in his cot playing with his plush Thunderbird 1 toy. I sat up and stretched before climbing out of bed, trying not to wake Scott, and picked Noah up. I took him to the kitchen where I sat him in his highchair and grabbed out his food. I turned on the coffee machine and sat down to feed my son.
"What time did you get in last night?" I heard a familiar Scottish voice ask from the next room.
"Late," Virgil replied tiredly as he and Alice appeared in the kitchen. "Morning, Amelia."
"Morning," I smiled at the two of them, "what are you two upto today?"
"Virgil's going to show me around the island," Alice said as she grabbed Virgil's hand. His cheeks went bright pink as he rubbed the back of his neck with a smile.
"You two are adorable," I gushed as Noah hit his hands on the tray of his chair. "Be patient you," I told him with a laugh before giving him another spoonful of pureed apples.
"He's gotten so big," Virgil said ruffling his nephew's thick mop of brown hair.
"Tell me about it," I said, "he's running out of clothes that fit him."
"Come to Scotland sometime," Alice said, "you, me and Lady Penelope can go shopping."
"Sounds like a great idea," I smiled, "I'm gonna have to take you up on that."
"We should get going," Virgil said, "see you later."
"Have fun," I smiled as they walked out of the room. I quickly finished feeding Noah before pouring a cup of coffee. I picked up Noah, picked up the cup and walked back to my room. I opened the door to see Scott walking around in just a pair of jeans. "Dang boy," I smirked as I put the coffee down on the desk.
"Have you seen my shirt?" Scott asked.
"There's about ten of them in the wardrobe," I told him as I put Noah down in his playpen. "Did you sleep enough, babe?"
"I slept for as long as I could," Scott said with a yawn, "I need to be up in case I get called out again."
"No," I said putting my hands on his back and leading him back to the bed, "you need to rest so that you can give 100 percent in case you get called out again."
"Amelia-"
"Scott."
He sighed in defeat and sat down on the end of the bed.
I sat behind him and started giving his shoulders a massage. "You work too much," I said quietly, "you need a break too."
"If only I could have one," he sighed as he leaned back into me, his head resting on my shoulder.
I wrapped my arms around his body and leaned my head against his.
"I wish we could stay like this," Scott mumbled, his eyes fluttered closed.
"I don't see why we can't," I replied, "for now anyway."
Scott's communicator started beeping and a hologram of John popped up.
"Sorry to interrupt," John said, "but we have a situation."
"That's why," Scott said as he stood up. "I'll be in the living room in a second," he said to his brother. Scott turned off the communicator and gave me a kiss.
"I'll get you a coffee to go," I told him as I picked up Noah and followed him out of our room.

A/N: I know it's short af and not too great but poor tired Scott. I felt like doing something more gushy and stuff instead of intense (mainly because of this mornings episode Up From The Deep Part 2) hopefully I'll be updating a bit more (I kind of have the next chapter ready to type out) but I am actually writing a new Scott story (don't judge me I have too many ideas jumping around in my head about these boys). Hope you guys like this update. Thank you for baring with me while I took a very long hiatus. Much love xx