Four | Finale Part One |

| Four |

Today’s the day of the competition and I’m extremely nervous. I’m currently standing here at the backstage getting ready when Carmina popped out of nowhere.

“ ooh! Vanessa, you look like a pop star!” she exclaimed in her eccentric usual self, happiness visible in her eyes.  I’m wearing a black skinny jeans with a knee-length heeled boots and a black sparkly top. My hair was ironed to a pin-straight but I opt to keep my natural curls at the end. My mom applied a light makeup on my face (which I really like, much to my surprise) that enhance my facial assets that I didn’t think I possess. I could also see that mom’s proud of me through her eyes

“ Thank you” I told her in my earnest voice “ For everything”

“ o-ooh. Don’t make me cry” her facial expression change so quickly from a cheerful one to an almost crying one. If I had blinked I would surely miss it.

“ I told you I will be always by your side no matter what. I’m your best friend for crying out loud!” she engulf me in a hug the whispers in my ears “ I’m really glad that you’ve finally manage to get out of your shell” I almost cried if it isn’t for the sudden coughing noise.

“ not here girls, specially not now” Mr. Tristan stated in his usual flat voice. Carmina just poke her tongue out which Mr. Tristan responded whith a roll of eyes.

“ You know Tris, I always wonder why you hide your oh-so magnificent voice with your flat ones..” Before Mr. Tristan could answer, she quickly added “ It’s just that I happened to know someone who does the same, or should I say someone who is like you” she implied in a teasing manner but giving me a meaningful look “ and as what the thumb rule in organic chemistry says: like dissolves like”

My mouth dropped open due to my surprise. Was she implying…

“ Maybe. Maybe not” Mr. Tristan responded cryptically. Both of them went outside, not before Carmina informed me that my WHOLE family is here which again, caught me by surprise. Only o rare events could you see that my family is complete. It is due to my parents, specially my father working abroad and my other three older siblings who are building their individual careers. I’m still in that state of surprise when SHE arrived. Amor Constanza, the person who ruined my high school and is responsible for the type of person I was before. Oh, and I almost forgot, my ex-bestfriend.

She’s still the same as her usual self. A person who likes spotlights and Fame. Her hair and make-up was done to perfection. She’s wearing this glamorous ruby red, backless floor-length gown. She looks stunning if not for her smirk and hateful glare which is directed towards me.

“ Well, well, well. Look whose hear. I thought I had made it clear PLENTY of times that you will never beat me and that you’ll never be good enough.”

As I’d mention before, she used to be my best friend during the ‘ol elementary days. Both of us were always picked to lead our musical plays since both of us could sing well. But everything falls apart when I’ve got the lead role which Amor had been dreaming of ever since. I tried to talked but she didn’t listen. I even talk to the coordinators that Amor should be the one to lead the play but they refuse. Amor the accused me of stealing her light, her part and that, ladys and gentlemen was the end of our friendship.

“but it’s cute, that you think that you can beat me” she give me a plastic smile then lean in closer, our faces were inches apart “ but you can’t. you will ALWAYS be the dull, boring caterpillar that you are” she straightens herself then give me one last hateful glare before walking away

As I watched her walk away, I whispered in the Air “It seems like your forgetting something Amor. The dull caterpillar were the ones who usually morph into a colourful butterflies.”