Chapter Seven Dorian's Strange Behavior

'Lucy and I awaken hours later, tied to chairs in a dimly lit room underground. We try to scream, only to see that there was dark tape over our mouths, beads of sweat flowing from our brows, it was then a door had opened, footsteps headed down the stairs, I was shocked to find out who our captor was... None other than Dorian Ravencroft...' "I see the two of you have awoken. My sweet beloved Lucinda, and her bewitchingly alluring granddaughter.." Maurice said, tearing the tape off Lucy's mouth "Dorian.. Why are you doing this?" Lucy asked "I figured, that if I held you and your lovely granddaughter hostage, that you could help me find Maurice's body. So that we could destroy it... preventing his return." Maurice said "Dorian, if you wanted to track down his body to destroy him, you could have just asked us. You didn't have to lock us up." Lucy said straining "I thought you might not want to do it. I should make a potion to make you and Stela forget this happened." Maurice said "You mean Bela.." Lucy paused "Bela... yes." Maurice said clearing his throat untying Lucy, and then me "Dorian, you know that you could have discussed this with Lucy and I. We would have helped you." I said "We should get going, we can look for his body after school tomorrow." Lucy said "Lucy, you go ahead, I'm right behind you." I said as Lucy had gone up the stairs 'Something didn't feel right, Dorian seemed different, I had noticed strange behavior throughout the week... I still stood by him, unbeknownst to Maurice, who was staying under the radar, had hidden his true self behind Dorian...' "Bela, you seem troubled. Is it Maurice being out there somewhere?" Maurice said, raising my head to meet his gaze "I'm sorry... I guess I have been a bit paranoid lately, since you were possessed last week... I'm scared, Dorian." I said "It's okay to be afraid, Bela. Just know that I will always be here to protect you..." Maurice said, stroking my hair "You must think I'm somewhat foolish to be afraid of someone who could be God knows where..." I said 'I had started to peer over Dorian's shoulder, seeing that Dorian's reflection wasn't his own, he had temporarily removed my sight, grabbing me by the waist kissing me intensely, I had once again fallen unconscious. He had carried me to Gerard's, handing me over to him. It was then I woke up in my bedroom, drenched in a pool of my own sweat...' "Bela? Oh, thank God you're awake... Gerard and I were worried that you might not wake up..." Lucy said, hugging me "I saw something in the looking glass in the Ravencrofts basement... The reflection, it wasn't Dorian's.. It belonged to someone else. Someone I didn't recognize..." I said "I didn't see anyone else in the glass, Bela. All I saw was you and Dorian, and no one else." Lucy said "No, I swear, what I saw in the glass it wasn't Dorian; think about it, Lucy. He's our friend, he wouldn't just snap and keep us hostage tied up in his basement. Something has happened to Dorian. I don't know what, but something just doesn't feel right..." I said "Lucy, is she awake?" Gerard asked "Yeah, she just woke up." Lucy said "Bela, are you alright?" Gerard asked "I'm fine, Grandpa. I guess I was just tired. Wait, Grandpa Gerard, what do you know about spirits hellbent on getting vengeance by possessing an innocent sorcerer?" I asked "Are you talking about Maurice?" Gerard asked "I think that he might have inhabited Dorian's body." I said "Did you see anything suspicious about Dorian?" Gerard asked "Before or after he drugged both Lucy and I and tied us to chairs in his basement?" I asked "That sounds an awful lot like possession. You just have to keep a close eye on him in case of any suspicious behavior." Gerard said "You don't think that it could be--?" I asked "I would still keep a close watch over him." Gerard said "Thanks, I'll do that." I said 'The next day in the cafeteria, Lucy and I had sat down where "Dorian" was... I had decided to take my grandfather's advice and keep a close watch over him..' "Dorian, are you feeling okay? You've been having psychotic episodes lately. And as your friends, we're worried about you." I said "You needn't worry about me, I'm fine." Maurice said "Hey, Ravencroft, you put on extra guy-liner?" Steve chuckled spilling his drink all over him "You shouldn't have done that..." Maurice said "Dorian, it's just soda. It'll wash out." I said 'It was then that Maurice had started throwing tables left and right... I liked with shock. My eyes started welling with tears as I quickly cover my mouth to keep from screaming..' "Dorian, what the hell was that?" I asked "Luci-- Bela, forgive me, my dearest." Maurice said "Wait a minute... Obsessing over Lucy, getting into fights, wanting to search for-- Maurice's body. You didn't want to destroy it... You wanted it so you could get it back. You're Maurice..." I said "That's right, sweetheart. I can't believe it took you this long to figure it out..." Maurice said "We will help you get your body back, just please don't hurt my friend." I said "Tell Lucinda you are to meet with me in the Witches Cemetery at midnight, and bring your spell book..." Maurice said, leaving the cafeteria 'I had watched the sorcerer that was obsessed with Lucy, just disappear into the hall, I stand by the cafeteria doors, a tear streams down the side of my face. I had to find a way to save Dorian, and get rid of Maurice...'