Chapter 11

Ryo popped in a random game he had lying around and handed me one of the controlers. I gladly took it and uploaded my avatar to the gaming system. He grunted in aknolagement that I was stating the truth once he saw my username and avatar.

"No funny business. It is one way game. First one to get the others flag wins."

"Fine with me." I said taking the controller and plopping down on the couch.

We waited for the game to load and Aki sat in a chair on the opposite side of the room. I noticed that we were playing Black Ops 2 Zombies, ha! he's goin down.

After several minutes of playing the score was lasting 20 rounds, and 145-456 kills.

"Looks like I win." I mumbled.

"You cheat!" he yelled throwing the controller.

"Ryo calm yourself Takumi won fair and square." Aki said taking the controller. "You guys mind if I play?"

"I don't care! I'm not gonna lose in Kingdom Hearts!" Ryo screamed running upstairs.

"That game sounds fun, can we play Takumi?" Aki asked.

"Sorry Aki, the games are either for PS2 or PS3." I said helping her create an avatar.

"Isn't that what were playing on?"

"No, were on the Xbox." I laughed a little, she look confused but didn't ask anymore questions.

"While this loads can I go talk to the rest of my family?" Aki asked.

"Sure, you can do whatever." I said clicking on one player since Aki was going to be awhile.

She gave me a slight hug from behind the couch and ran off. I started the missions and they were easier than ever. I guess playing the game a lot tends to make that happen.

I don't know what mission I was on before Aki came back and sat back down next to me. I paused the game and rubbed my eyes. Gah! Watching the screen too long really bothers my eyes. Maybe I should get my glasses.

"Hey Aki need anything from the car?" I asked getting up.

"Uhh...yea! I do, b-but I have to get it m-myself." She stuttered.

"Ok?" I gave her the keys. "Can you get my glasses from the glove box as well?"

She shook her head yes and ran outside. I stood by the window keeping an eye on her, it was dark outside now. She came back inside and handed me my glasses, hiding bag behind her back.

"Thanks," I yawned putting on my glasses to my headache would go away. "What's in the bag"

"It's a surprise." She said putting her index finger to her lips.

"Ok, I'm just gonna-"

"Aki and boy! Dinner is ready!" a woman yelled.

Aki looked at me and held out her hand. I took it and she stopped at the tree and dropped the present off. Then she lead me to the kitchen. We sat down next to each other and she still wouldn't let go of my hand. I rested my head on my hand leaning on the table.

"Takumi? You still not feeling well?" Aki asked concerned.

"Mm...yea just tired." I mumbled.

"It's only nine though."

"Is it? Jeez I must've not gotten enough sleep. Maybe I'll take a nap later so I can stay up." I mumbled dozing off.

"Ok you can do that after we do presents."

"M'kay...can you get my food for me?" I asked resting my head on the table now.

"You'll have to eat anything I give you." She teased.

"Just nothing spicy."

She pranced off to the kitchen and seemed to stay in there for hours.

"Hey, why is Aki so special to you?" a females voice called out.

I looked up and saw a woman. I would guess her to be Ryo's mother.

"She's just very special. We met along time ago and I made a promise to her..." I sighed.

"Ah, so you must be that little boy she would always talk about with Ryo when she was little. She seemed so happy talking about you...but her father-"

"We don't talk about him." I said briefly.

"Would you like a glass of wine?" she asked.

"But I'm underage." I said.

"Oh that doesn't matter! It'll get rid of your headache Ta-kun."

I looked at her suspiciously, why did she call me Ta-kun? Aki called me that when we were little. Did we go here before, it does seem familiar? I know that woman's name it's...

"Juri?" I questioned. She nodded and handed me a glass.

"Cheers to our new family!" she chanted. That's when I noticed everybody was around me with glasses and cheering.

"W-what's going on?" I asked surprised.

"Did you forget silly?" Aki asked.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Today's your birthday!" the whole family chanted.

Today? is it really that day already? I don't want this make it go away! I hate my birthday! Go away! Leave me alone! I don't want to remember, I don't!

"Go away!" I yelled and burst out of the house taking off towards my car I hopped in it and locked it. I sat there weeping as the horrible memories came crashing in.

"Mom..." I sobbed. "Please....don't leave me."

I pulled out her picture out of my wallet. I cried, all the tears I've been holding in. All of the pain and suffering for blaming myself. Then another picture fell out I picked it up and flipped it over...it was of me and Aki. She is my savior, just like...just like mom said I was her savior. I opened the glove box and pulled out the letter that was left with the photo. Ten years its been, i finally have the courage to open this letter. I opened it and read the contents:

Takumi,

Don't blame yourself, I love you and I don't want to see you suffering from up above. You were the best thing that ever happened to me, your my little man. And your mommy's savior. Be the best man you can and do what's right, I believe in you. I always have. But if you do blame yourself despite everyone telling you that it wasn't your fault. I forgive you my son. I love you Takumi.

-Mom

I hugged the letter and cried, "Sh-she forgives me..."