Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I went downstairs to see that Takumi was laughing and watching some strange cartoon. 

Good seems to me that he has cheered up some. Just like a little kid, watching cartoons can make him feel better.

Takumi looked over at me, he waved his hand for me to come over. I went over to the couch and sat next to him.

“Aki look at these cartoons! They are so funny!” Takumi laughed.

“I see that you are feeling better and so am I. Sorry but I really don’t watch TV much.” I said.

“That’s ok Aki, are you a book worm instead?” Takumi asked shutting off the TV.

“I do find them more enjoyable than watching a TV show. I saw that you like to read manga…”

“Yup I like to watch anime too. So let’s eat something and then me can pack up and go on the plane.” Takumi smiled.

Good he isn’t as gloomy as he was before, still a little sad. But he seems better. “What do you want to eat?”

“Well let’s have a light lunch; we can eat on the plane. Well more like a jet but same difference.” Takumi answered.

“How in the world did you afford a jet?” I asked shocked.

“Let’s say I asked my dad for one a couple years ago. Just in case of an emergency.” He answered happily.

“Oh, well we can have some sandwiches. And did you take your medicine today?” I asked.

“No not yet I will do that when we have some lunch. Thanks for reminding me Aki.” Takumi said.

“Welcome. So what do you want on your sandwich?” I asked.

“How about some turkey, with cheese and do you have some chips?” Takumi asked.

“I think we do somewhere. I can get them for you.” I answered.

I went and found the chips and gave them to Takumi who was now sitting at the island. Then I went over to make our sandwiches. I had the same thing as Takumi, just I didn’t put the chips on my sandwich.

When we were done Takumi thanked me and we went upstairs to my attic. “Good thing I don’t go up here.”

“It is a mess indeed.” Takumi answered. “Do you think we can find a suitcase up here?”

“Don’t think we can. But I do have a bag in my dad’s office.” I answered.

We closed the attic door and went back downstairs. My father’s office is down a narrow hallway and to take a right. Then you have to go through a closet and you are there. Takumi and I did that and I stopped.

Takumi stopped as well and looked at me with a confused expression. “What’s wrong?”

“I can’t go in there. Father always told me not to go in there because something bad might happen. So I never go in there alone.” I answered. My voice quivered.

Takumi took my hand, “Don’t worry you are not along now. I am here to help you along the way and make sure that nothing bad happens.”

I clenched his and Takumi went to open the door. I could hear the knob click as Takumi turned it. Then the squeak as he pushed open the door. I clenched his hand even harder scared of what would happen. He pulled me along and wouldn’t let me go the opposite direction.

“Don’t worry Aki, I am here so don’t be so scared. If you want to you can close your eyes and I will guide you through the room.” Takumi said with his soft, gentle voice.

“O-ok I will.” I quivered.

Takumi did as he said he would. When he pushed something into my opposite hand I opened my eyes. “My bag?”

“Yup we made it to the other side of the room.” Takumi said.

My knees quivered and I felt dizzy. I dropped down on the floor and I could barely hear Takumi. It felt as I couldn’t breathe and every moment was one of my last. I felt Takumi pick me up as he ran out of the room. Everything was blurry and I didn’t know what to do. I felt numb and helpless.

I recognized the door to me room, Takumi opened the door and put me on my bed. I felt tired and wanted to sleep:  I closed my eyes and fell asleep.