Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Takumi led me through the maze of a town. Good thing too, or I would have gotten lost be now. Who would know that the town was twice as busy close to sundown? Well most people would probably. Anyways…

We were at the store when we didn’t even go through the front doors, “Umm. Aren’t we supposed to go through the front doors?”

“I have the owner who knows me and we can get a ride back to your house. Or we could go to mine, depends if you have the keys.”

“How did you know I didn’t have them?” I snapped.

“Psychic?” He answered.

Yea psychic. Takumi took us to the back and knocked on the metal door. Someone in a uniform opened the door.

“Takumi? Is that you boy?” An employee asked.

“No it’s the pizza man. Who else nocks on the back of a store door?” Takumi said with sarcasm and a stupid tone.

“Who’s the girlie?” The person said.

I can figure this guy isn’t very friendly and he probably gets on Takumi’s nerves.

“She’s a friend, and if you don’t get out of the way I will call the manager.” Takumi said with anger.

The man backed off and let us through. Takumi led me through many aisles and we finally got to the front of the store.

“Do you like taking the long way or something?” I asked.

“No I thought she was in the employee’s lounge.” He answered still looking around.

‘She’ for some reason that word stung when he said it. Why would it bother me that much, I mean she could be a friend, relative, or some person he met by chance. Who knows and why should I care I just met Takumi and he is my friend and that is him and he will always be my friend.

“Hey Jade!” Takumi called.

A small woman looked over and got a big smile on her face.

“TAKUMI!” She yelled.

She ran over to us and gave Takumi a big hug. She was shorter than him but she seemed like a nice person. She patted him on the head, “My little man…”

Aunt. Jade is Takumi’s aunt. Well that makes more sense.

“Hey auntie, how you been?” Takumi asked.

“Good, my Takumi. What will your father think when he sees that you have a girl?” Jade asked.

“Friend.” I answered.

“Well look at Miss Positive over here.” Jade snapped.

I looked down and started to back off, but Takumi gripped my hand even harder than he already was. I winced and he loosened his grip.

“Do you have any plans?” Takumi asked.

“No, none that I know of:  you need a ride Takumi?” Jade answered.

“Yea, to my house Aki is coming too…right?” Takumi answered Jade’s question.

“What? Sorry I was looking at the books over there.” I said pointing at the aisle of books.

“You can go look at them if you want to.” Jade said with a smile.

“Sorry but I can wait. I’m very patient.” I answered nicely.

“Suite yourself,” Jade answered and walked away.

“Sorry about her attitude she can get a little crabby with the hours she’s working.” Takumi apologized.