Chapter Seventeen: A wedding to plan

Helen’s POV

I stepped back but I wasn’t quick enough the creatures were swarming around us all. Before I had a chance to do anything a creature was on me, consuming me. As blackness took over I feared for the worst until I heard Percival’s voice. “Leave her alone!”

I opened my eyes to find Percival kneeling in front of me. “You saved me,” I whispered.

“I would do it a hundred times for you my lady,” he grinned as he helped me to my feet.

“You going to be ok we are going to go check on Elyan,” said Arthur and we both nodded. Arthur and Gwaine went off.

“Helen we may not get out this alive so I am going to ask you something,” he said as he got on his knees looking up at me. My heart leapt with happiness and joy. Is he doing what I think he is doing?

“Helen my lady will you do the honour of becoming my wife,” he said as he pulled out a ring with a beautiful blue stone. I looked down at Percival before I pulled him to his feet and brought him into an embrace.

“Yes...of course I will,” I said as we pulled apart and he put the ring onto my finger. We kissed each other on the lips as Leon hit the ground nearby. He needed our help. We smiled at each other before we went over to him and helped him.

We tried to keep them off as much as we could but we were finding it hard to since Arthur Gwaine and Elyan are somewhere else so we are left here with just 5 including me. Since Arthur and Gwaine are good sword fighting we were down on man power but my husband to be, Percival is making up for it I believe.

As we began to give up hope I watched in amazement as Arthur, Gwaine, Elyan and my brother Merlin came towards us. It didn’t take long to take them down. I think it had something to do with Arthur, Gwaine and Merlin.

As the last creature fell we all looked relieved. “How did you just do that?” I asked them as I approached them with Percival right behind me.

“All we needed was a little bit of courage, strength and....” Arthur paused looking at Merlin, “and magic,” he grinned.

“Merlin I am so happy you are safe and you look better. Do you know what happened?” I asked him. Merlin put his hand into his pocket and pulled out a cloth which had something in it. He unwrapped it carefully and showed us this red object, like a stone almost.

“What is that?” Percival asked the question I was about to ask.

 “This is something I found in Gaius’s chambers. Maybe this was what coursed him to be ill,” I explained.

“But wouldn’t you have passed out like Gaius,” said Gwaine.

“I’m not sure about that bit. It’s clear I had it on me for longer but I was affected slightly different to Gaius. Maybe because I'm a warlock it affects me differently but I am certain this is what was coursing me to be ill and horrible basically. I’m sorry,” he said.

“You are not to blame,” said Arthur as he took hold of Merlin’s hand.

“We have some news,” spoke Percival and I blushed as he said it.

“Your going to marry, Percival,” said Merlin.

“How do you know that?” I asked.

“It is clear that you love each other but I know because you’re wearing a ring,” smiled Merlin.

“Oh right....doesn’t anyone notice you wear a ring?” I asked.

Merlin looked down at the ring on his finger and shrugged, “Not really,” he laughed.