Chapter Three: Light

I stood out in the training field as the knights of Camelot did their training. Karen was standing next to me and I spotted her staring at me now and again. I just hoped Arthur never spotted her looking at me like that or he would not be happy.

I couldn’t help but watch Arthur during the whole morning. He took his top of as the afternoon arrived and it made me want to melt to the floor but I couldn’t show any sign of that. I noticed Gwaine kept looking over at me and then too Karen and back to me again during the afternoon. Could he tell something was not quite right?

I was relieved when it was the end of the day. I took Karen back to her chamber and made sure everything was good for her before I left her for the night. Half way back to Gaius’s chamber I bumped straight into Arthur who looked pleased to see me.

“Did you just get off?” he asked me.

“Yeah I did.”

“Great. I told Larry to go home and get some sleep and not to turn up so early. That means you can sleep with me tonight,” grinned Arthur.

“Are you sure that is a good idea, Arthur?” I asked.

“Merlin I don’t want you to go back to Gaius’s I want you to sleep with me tonight,” said Arthur.

“I do too you know. I’ll have to go fetch a few things. I meet you at your chamber,” I said to him before I left him standing in the corridor as I set of at a run towards Gaius’s chamber.

“Help me. Anyone,” I heard the soft voice of a young child.

I ignored it the first time. I knew someone had said help but unless they continued to do it I wouldn’t be able to find them. If they didn’t continue to ask for help I couldn’t help them.

I reached the chamber and rushed inside, completely ignoring Gaius and going straight into my room. I got a spare change of clothes before I rushed back into the main part of the chamber to grab the bowl of soup Gaius had left on the table for me.

“Where do you think you are going, Merlin?” asked Gaius.

“To spend the night with my husband,” I answered him as I headed towards the door.

“I still can’t get use to that. On you go then. I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night,” smiled Gaius.

“Help me!” the young childs voice echoed in my mind.

“Keep calling to me. If you keep calling I can find you,” I said. I got no reply.

I arrived at Arthur’s chamber with a half finished bowl of soup and my spare clothes chucked over my shoulder. Arthur looked at me and laughed.

“Why did I marry you?” he asked.

“Don’t ask me. You are the one that asked and I just willing said yes,” I smiled.

“If you were hungry you could have just said.”

“I don’t like to ask you for food. I rather just go back to Gaius and get something,” I said to him.

“Merlin you are my Husband and I love you. If you need anything you come to me and I give it to you. I gave you that ring, I gave you that bracelet and I gave you my heart. I want you in my life forever Merlin. You make me whole and without you I will never be a good king. Without you loving me I think I would die,” said Arthur.

“Arthur, I know that. Next time I’ll come to you about food if I am staying with you the night.”

“That is better,” smiled Arthur.