|eighteen|

Thanksgiving week: Day 3: November 23, 20XX

"Who's riding with who?" Darnell asked as they all stood next to the 2 SUV's they rented for the trip down to Long Island.

"Give us the kids and all you can ride together" Maurice said as he grabbed Marjae and Zion from King's arms. Everyone agreed and Darnell and King put the car seats and booster seats in the back of the SUV Viv and Maurice are driving.

All of the kids were asleep anyways since it was 2 o'clock in the morning. Everyone piled into the cars they were riding in and started on the road. King drove while Mercy was in the passenger seat, and Lexi and Darnell were in the backseat sleeping.

"Do you still have that bad feeling in your gut?" King asked Mercy. Mercy bit her lip and nodded.

"I'm not going to let it bother me though. I'm about to go to sleep baby" Mercy said as she cuddled into her seat and held King's hand.

|-|

"We're around the corner. Dad are you sure there are enough rooms for all of us?" Mercy asked Garrett.

"Yeah, my mom set out a sleeping arrangement for everyone. I don't think you and King are you going to be in the same room though" Mercy scrunched up her face and looked over at King. 

"I need to see this sleeping arrangement. We're here, come help us with the bags please"

They both hung up and everyone got out their cars. King and Darnell grabbed the kids and a few bags and started to the house.

They all stood outside admiring the house. "Where did Grandma find this place?" Mercy wondered.

All of them went inside and were loudly greeted by the entire family. Staci took the kids from everyone and attacked them with kisses. Garrett hugged Mercy and slapped up King. Kenneth hugged Lexi and everyone else hugged.

"Where is Grandma Sim? I need to talk to her" Mercy yelled.

"She's in the kitchen" Mercy walked in the kitchen and walked in on her Grandma Sim and Grandpa Frank making out.

She cleared her throat and they pulled apart. Grandma Sim came over and attacked her with a hug. "Oh my goodness! My grandbaby is here! Why do you have a mug on your face?"

"Can I see the sleeping arrangements?" Mercy asked. Grandma Sim nodded her head and pulled the paper out her back pocket and spread it out the table. And for sure, King and Mercy were not sleeping in the same room. Mercy was sleeping with Lexi, and King was sleeping in the same room as Darnell that had two twin beds.

All of the kids were sleeping in the same room that had about 2-3 full beds in it. Grandma Sim was sleeping with Grandpa Frank. Staci and DeVon were sleeping together. Alphonso and Lorie were sleeping together. Kenneth was sleeping in his own room.

"Everyone gets to sleep with their significant other, but I have to be separated from mines" Mercy whined.

Sim squinted her eyes and grabbed Mercy's left hand. "I see no ring, I see no reason for you to sleep together. Where are my grandbabies?" Sim said as she pushed Mercy aside and went to the front of the house where everyone was still standing. Grandpa Frank walked over to Mercy and hugged her.

"Grandpa this is so unfair" Mercy said as she shoved her face into her Grandpa's chest.
He patted her back and kissed the top of her head.

"It's only a few days sweetheart. Only a few days. How's everything going?" he asked as he still had her in his embrace.

"Everything is going good. I have my own little family now"

"Is that boy still pressuring you into having his child?" Mercy chuckled at Staci who can't hold water.

"No. We agreed to wait until Zion is in school full-time, like kindergarten or 1st grade"

"That's good. Come on, let's go mingle with the family"

|-|

"So ladies and Kenneth, what are we starting with?" All of the women were in the kitchen, along with Kenneth who has be lurking over Lexi the entire time.

"Let's start with the sides" Lorie suggested. Everyone agreed and Sim started assigning people dishes to make.

Everyone started prepping their dishes are started having conversations. About twenty minutes in, Sim stepped out the house and took a phone call.

"Aye, I'll be right back. I need to smoke real quick" King said as he stood up and fixed his pants.

"You smoke cigarettes?" Garrett asked. King shook his head and pulled out his blunt. Everyone nodded and went back to their conversations.

King went towards the door and realized it was open a crack, he heard someone talking on the phone and decided to eavesdrop.

"Are you still coming?"

"..."

"No, no one knows your coming. It's going to be a surprise. I don't know how Mercy will react though. She doesn't really like surprises like this. She doesn't like when people keep secrets from her"

"..."

"What time are you coming?"

"..."

"I'll leave a couple seats open for you"

"..."

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow"

"..."

"Bye"

|-|

Cabin in the MM

... Oop!

Who was Grandma Sim talking to?

People who read Mosaic2 might know who this person is.

This was suppose to be posted yesterday. So later today, I will be posting a Thanksgiving update.

Update later today!

Vote and Comment!