Afraid.

Afraid - The Neighborhood

"Roselyn!" The strong voice boomed through the condo.

I jumped, startled, and threw my wet rag in to a bucket full of various cleaning chemicals. I quickly followed the voice, leading me towards his bedroom. He was nowhere to be found. I did not step foot inside his room, knowing that such a thing is against the rules. I was only allowed in certain rooms on certain days, putting  clothes in their closets was the only exception.

"Rosel-" He began to yell louder but I cut  him off.

"Yes, Mr. Dolan?" I spoke in a sweet, soft tone. He walked out of his closet in only his briefs. Most girls would have melted at the sight of this, however, it was second nature to me. I am not denying that he has a nice body, I'm simply used to it.

"Where is my black Armani shirt, Roselyn?" He looked annoyed.

Fuck.

"It is in the laundry room, I will go get it for you now, sir."

As I began to turn, he spoke up. "Your lack of organization is unacceptable, Roselyn. Laziness is not accepted around here. Get your shit together. Now, go get my shirt. I am late because of you."

"Yes, sir. My apologies." I turned on my heels and sped walked to the laundry room and retrieved the black dress shirt. I did not even want to know how much this cost. I quickly rubbed a dryer sheet on it to freshen it, even though I hand washed it this morning. Also, he is probably going to drench it in cologne. I sighed, looking over the shirt quickly, making sure it was perfect. After studying the shirt for less than five seconds, I sped walked back to his room. Again, he is no where to be found. I softly knocked on the door frame. "Mr. Dolan?"

He walked out of his closet, this time with black dress pants and shiny dress shoes. Is there a funeral today or something? What's up with all the black? "Come in." He spoke in a monotone voice. I obliged and stepped in and handed him the shirt. He held it up, inspecting it. Once he approved, he took it off the hanger and slung it over his shoulders, feeding his arms through the sleeves. "I am holding an event here tonight." He said, looking down at his shirt, buttoning it up. "I need this place to be spotless by 6 pm." He turned towards the mirror, messing with the sleeves, I'm assuming he is trying to decide if he want to roll them up. "It begins at 7 pm and I need you to help set it up. I also need you to run errands. We need food and drinks. I will text you a list later." He begins to roll up his sleeves to his elbows. When he is finished, he looks over his attire. Although he is wearing only black, he looks nice. But he does not seemed satisfied. He sighs.

"A white tie would look nice." I spoke quietly, playing with my fingers. He did not like being given opinions. He turned to me with a dark expression. I instantly looked down, but he walked towards his rack of ties and held up a skinny white tie to his neck. I was right, it looked nice. He thought so as well, considering he began tying it around his neck. "I will have everything completed by 6 pm to help set up at 7. I will also get the things you need. Is there anything else you would like me to do?"

He stayed quite, struggling with the tie. I wanted to help, but I got in trouble last time I did. So I just stood there quietly until he figured it out.  He then turned to me and stared at me, clearly deep in thought. What is his problem?

"I need you to go by a dress and some shoes." I looked at him confused. He focus returned to his reflection, lightly running his fingers through his hair, slicking back any fly aways. "You will be attending this event." I swear my jaw was on the floor. "I expect you to wear something nice. None of that cheap shit. I'm talking Versace, Vera Wang, Givenchy, Moschino, something. You will have five thousand dollars to spend. Use it wisely. Also, do not embarrass me." He looks away from his refection, to me. The last sentence sent shivers down my spine. There is nothing he hates more than being embarrassed by such a thing. "You will be representing me, Roselyn." His gaze averts from me, to the door, and walks past me, exiting his bedroom. I follow. He grabs his keys and wallet off the kitchen counter and shoves the keys in his pocket. He opens his wallet and hands me a credit card. "Also, treat yourself with some Victoria Secret. Just incase." His face has no hint of amusement. Or emotion in general. "Use this for the things I need you to get as well. Ethan will be home at 6 pm, so like I said, spotless. It would also be best if you were ready by then." I nodded, taking in everything he is saying. Which is a lot. Why am I attending this?

Before he exits the condo, I speak up. "Mr. Dolan, may I ask a question?" He looks at me, waiting for me to continue. "Why will I be attending this event of yours?"

He stays quiet, thinking about what he should say. "Consider it a, uh..." His voice fades, his attention on anything but me. "Gift." He made sudden eye contact with me, all focus towards me. I hate when he does this because I get instant chills.

I have seen this man naked many times and it does not bother me. But the moment he makes eye contact with me, I cannot function. Everything stops. So, as a response, I simply nod.

"See you tonight, Roselyn." With that being said, I was left alone.

I instantly begin cleaning. No hesitation. I am both nervous and excited for tonight. I have not been to any form of event or party since I was 16 years old. The only time I leave this condo is to run errands for the twins. You know that phrase people say? I believe it is, "I practically live at my job." Well, I actually do. The Dolans allowed me to move in with them. As long as I was their housekeeper. Which is not that bad, in general. The twins are almost never home and when they are, they are relatively clean. I would have to say Ethan is cleaner than Grayson, though. The hardest part is dealing with their attitude. Ethan is nicer than Grayson, but they are both still quite arrogant. They expect everything to be perfect. They work as some top position with Vogue and models for anyone they approve of. As long as they are represented in the Vogue magazines. They are glorified for their appearance. They are the biggest exception to "your attitude can make you ugly." No matter how bad they treat a person, they are still worshiped. I find entertainment from it. Everyone fears them. Yet, little does everyone know, they fear themselves more than anyone will ever fear them.

But that's a story for another day.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Whats good?! New update🙌🏼
I will try to get the next chapter up sometime in the middle of the week so keep ya eyes peeled 👀
How are my readers though?! All of you good? I hope so. I wanna make sure everyone is happy. And if you're not! Come talk to me! I'm friendly and I like to help people so don't be afraid!
That's all for now, beauties. Later gator 👍🏼