Chapter 49 - Rekindled.

Start from the beginning

Kayson looked down at Lily and Madilyn, sighing and stepping away from the table.

"Me and Madilyn already have our own apartment." Kayson growled as he walked to the end of the hall, stopped, and glanced at the three. "I will continue to farm like you ask, Father. But when I graduate at the end of the year for my amazing grades, I will be out. It's time for me to grow up, so you should do me a favor and do so yourself."

Damn. Kayson snapped. Aha. Anywho, one thing that I noticed that everyone in the family had, was the strength of Noah. Even though Noah was a drunk, he was still smart. I guess people felt that he all of a sudden became an idiot when in reality he was nothing but a smart drunk.

Meanwhile, Isaiah took the kids to go visit Tyler. She hadn't seen her kids in a month and some change. When they walked by the door, they saw Tyler combing and flat ironing her hair in the mirror. She looked a lot better than she usually did. Isaiah stood by the door as the kids ran up to her, giving her a hug.

"Mommy!"

Tyler gave her sons a hug, holding onto them as tight as she could.

"Hey babies!" Tyler whispered as she smiled at her boys. "How are you?"

"We missed you mommy!" Jalen smiled.

"I missed you too, babies." Tyler smiled, kissing them again.

Tyler looked up at Isaiah, watching him toss the boys the keys.

"Hey boys, go to the car that's in front of the building." Isaiah said. "Let me talk to y'all momma really quick."

Isaiah watched the boys give Tyler another kiss, then ran out to the car. Isaiah sat down next to Tyler on the bed, glancing down.

"I've been clean for a month." Tyler said in a happy tone. "I'm proud of myself."

"Keep up the good work, Ty." Isaiah smiled.

Tyler flat ironed a piece of her hair, turning to Isaiah.

"So I saw on the news that Lily is alive." Tyler said in an anxious tone. "What about my babies? Are they still alive??"

Isaiah glanced down, slowly nodding his head.

"Yes."

"Wha..........what!?" Tyler panted as her eyes welled with tears. "Where are they?"

"I can't tell you, Ty."

"Why!?" Tyler scowled. "Those are my kids too-"

"I'm not letting you know until you get better, Ty. You've got to get better first." Isaiah said in a serious tone. "I can't have neither of them seeing you like this. It'll fuck them up. Bad."

Tears ran down Tyler's eyes as she looked down, tucking in her lips and closing her eyes.

"Okay." Tyler whispered. "That's fine..."

Isaiah gave Tyler a kiss on the cheek as she glanced back at him.

"And maybe when you get better, you can come home." Isaiah smiled as he got up, heading towards the door. "Good luck, Ty."

As Isaiah got into his car and left with the boys, someone else walked in front of the rehabilitation center with his jacket hovered over his shoulders.

Noah.

He looked up at the sign and took a deep breath, looking down at the ground.

"I hope that I can do this..." Noah thought as he walked inside of the building.

Since the next day was a Sunday, it was a relaxing day for everyone. It wasn't as hot as it usually was outside, but it wasn't too cool either. The weather was perfect. As the spring leaves from the many trees in the valley flown into the green grasslands, Kayson watched the sunset off with Madilyn. They sat on a blanket, glancing around the valley while going back to childhood and playing the game "I spy".