Chapter 7

After what seems like forever Xander has me propped up in a salon chair. Big bright bulbs of light practically blind me as I try to look in the mirror. The makeup table is an eerie silver color that acts as another mirror when I look in it. In my reflection I see a young woman with bright green eyes and auburn hair.Even though her eyes and hair are vivid, she reaks of sadness.She just looks...boring.My heart starts to sink as I look at the girl reflection. She's just so... bland. I'm not like those beautiful red lipped models posted around Sephora or like Sharna, always giddy with excitment. I'm just...boring old me. The secluded girl with no life.

Xander suddenly rapidly spins me around in the salon chair interrupting my heart aching thoughts. I laugh, childishly giddy with excitment. Laughing the pain away as they always say.

After several twirls and snippets of nausea later Xander stops the chair and I find myself gazing into his big brown eyes.

"Ok hun do you want the ravishing rebel look or bold beauty?"

"Umm-" I say quietly.

"Oh!" He exclaims "How about the Gaga Geourgeous red lip! Topped with a thick layer of caramel apple concelor finished with rose gold highlighter!" He squeals excitedly.

"Umm Xander-"

"Now that I think about it! You would look just like Rihanna from the Pop Age ! If we really wanted to be bold with it and try out the-"

"XANDER!" But no, he didn't listen. Xander was too lost in the mystical world of makeup.

"-new Beamingly Bodacious liquid lip from Rosxed. And I think it would be totally cool if we dyed your hair another color! Stand out ya know?

For the first time in forever he looked at me expecting an answer.

I put my hand on my chin and ponder for a bit. Sixteen....freedom...new friends...new identies...

I look at Xander and smile "Why not?"

He claps his hands excitedly and jumps up and down for a bit. The chains around his neck jangling.

"Perfectttttt!!!!" He screeched.

"But... I have to be back in about..." I check the time on my phone " 50 minutes soo can this be done in under 20 minutes?" I say thinking of how much time it will take to find the others.

"Of course! Back in the day it used to take hours for hair to be dyed and set without washing out! Now we can dye,bleach or highlight your hair in under 15 minutes!"

Xander presses a small button on the side of the mirror and the reflective makeup table slides open revealing a series of button and switches.

"Here at Sephora we have the most advanced Glamor tables, they do everything from makeup to hair dyeing!" He presses a bright neon green button and a sink pops up from the inside of my chair.

I turn around and knit my eye brows in wonder "How did they fit all this into a chair as thin as this?" I murmur.

"It's just a spoon full of science honey," Xander says with wink. He then pushes a light blue button and the mirror flips into a giant holoscreen. Xander has a devious spark in his eyes and his lips are turned upward into a smirk. His hands hovers above the buttons of the makeup table, finding what he needs he pushes two black buttons at once and multiple things happen.

The lights on the mirror dim, the chair-sink thing starts to hum and several colums pop up on the holo screen. In each column are types of hair style and color.

One row says bob,bun,ponytail,straight and sleek, and the list goes on and on.

Another column says hair colors and another talks about hair types.