Chapter Seven: What could possibly go wrong?

BOBBY

"First name basis already." Manny teased.

I blushed and saw that Julian was smiling. Alice and Aretha was grinning from ear to ear and laughing.

"It was only fair, he called me Barbara." I said defensively.

"It's a beautiful name." Julian said as he sits down on the chair.

"Don't mind us, we're already planning the wedding." Aretha said and Alice was nodding.

"Wha-what?!" I exclaimed.

"You're so adorable." Manny whispered, "and so red."

"Aren't we here to clean?" I asked changing the subject and tying my hair into a ponytail.

Alice chuckled, "I am going to cook dinner. Does pizza sound good?"

"Yes!" I said as the same time as Manny's.

"She makes great brick oven pizza's." Aretha said smiling. "But I have to rest up at home. I feel so tired already. I'll see you guys tomorrow." She said hugging all of us.

"Good bye my children!"

"Good night!" We all said and laughed.

Once Aretha was gone, "Manny, can you hand these brochures outside?" Alice said handing Manny brochures for the restaurant.

"Of course." He said as he went out.

"Ian, I'm going to borrow Bobby for awhile you can clean that up by yourself anyway." She said to Julian and Julian scowled.

"I am not good at cleaning." He said.

"Hi I'm Julian and I'm not good at cleaning because I'm good at messing things up, huh." She said childishly at Julian and Julian laughed.

"You're so childish." He said smiling while shaking his head.

We went to the kitchen and it all looked so professional! "So, what do you think?" She asked.

"It's so beautiful and so big." I said.

"Yeah,the diner is small." Alice said smiling. "Mom told me that both you and Manny are a power team."

"She likes to call us that." I said smiling.

"What time do you want to work?" She asked as she makes the dough of the pizza.

"I have flexible time. I'm homeschooled now and I live in the Aristocrat Residence. I can work anytime." I said watching her do the pizza.

"Really? That's very convenient to work here then." She said smiling. "What time do you want to work?"

"I can do the morning 'til night shift." I said.

"We are understaffed." She said. "Mom doesn't want to hire anybody else and so do I."

"I'm fine with morning until midnight." I said. "I do it when I was still in Winnie's when I needed the money."

"Mom also told me about your aunt that kept stealing from you. At least now you got your own place and away from parasites like that. I'm happy for you." She grinned. As she flats out another dough.

"Thank you." I said smiling.

"Do you have any questions?" She asked as she put sauce on the dough and the toppings on both pizzas.

"Do we have uniforms?"

"Heck yeah." She said as she put the pizza in the brick oven. She washed her hands and went under the table and gave a paper bag to me.