Chapter 26: FRAS Second Raid

Start from the beginning

-Natsu P.O.V-
Just as the carriage was about to take off, Gramps took my hand and pulled me outside.
"W-W-Woah," I muttered, regaining my balance. "What was that for? We're kinda in a rush here!"
"Natsu," he began, ignoring me. "Whether you like it or not, you're now the strongest one in the team."
"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked."
"Because you need to use that strength! Don't be afraid to use all the power you have. Protect them, Natsu."
His face was stern and serious. The doubt, the weariness I'd grown up with had completely faded- now he held completely trust and respect. And it made me smile.
"Yeah yeah," I told him, clenching my fist. "It's just like I said. I'm the hero that ends up saving everyone's ass."

The carriage took off slowly, and made its way through the castle gates.
"Look! It's Crocus!" Wendy cried excitedly.
"You guys really didn't go outside at all?" I asked, amazed. "I thought one of you would've escaped at least."
"Leaving the castle, or 'escaping' as you put it, would reveal our location thus placing both of you in danger," Erza replied. "None of us would've even dared to take that risk."
"Wow, it feels pretty good when you say it like that," I told her. "You really need us that much, huh?"
"Well with that attitude I would've left the day I got here!" Cana shouted at me.
"Relax, he was only joking," Lucy said, unable to control her giggles. "We'll be there soon. Let's a try and survive till then."

The carriage came to a halt in the middle of nowhere.
"If you want it to be a surprise attack, I suggest you go by foot from here," Gildarts said, peeking his head through the front curtains.
"But it still really far away..." Lucy muttered, sticking her head through the window. "I can't even see the FRAS from here!"
"Oh stop your complaining. Right, here's the plan," Gramps announced. "Natsu, I take it you have an acceptable amount of control over your dragon slaying magic?"
I clenched my fist and surrounded it in flames.
"You bet I do," I replied, grinning.
"Good. You will be our offensive trump card. Make all the mess you can," Gramps explained.
"Natsu," Lucy began, her tone slightly more serious.
"Yeah?" I answered. She smiled with spite, and stuck her thumb up proudly.
"Burn them to the ground."

-Lucy P.O.V-
"FRAS second raid is underway!" Makarov declared, raising his arm in the air. "Give 'em hell!"
"Aye, sir!" We all shouted, charging ahead. The FRAS was over a mile, but the distance did not matter. We all, being the awesomely talented group we are, had our own methods of arriving quickly.
"Re-equip! Flight armour!"
"Magic card! Chariot's hustle!"
"Wind magic! Agility breeze!"
"Water shoot!"
"Solid script!"
"Fire dragon's iron fist!"
We were invincible- unafraid and powerful, ready to strike whenever. And it felt amazing.
"This is the adventure we've been waiting for."
I felt a smile creep up on me.
"Virgo!" I shouted, and I felt power flow into my body. I breathed in deeply, and dug straight through the ground. Thanks to Virgo's ability, I could dig underground with ease, and at record speed.

After a few minutes, I was there. I popped my head up from the ground, followed by my whole body. Everyone else was beside me, their power fading away as it was no longer needed.
Natsu stood at the front, his fists still burning. The FRAS was only roughly one hundred metres away now. And it's walls were still charred from Natsu's last visit.
"They can probably see us from here," Natsu warned, stretching his legs. "So I hope you're all ready."
"Don't go insulting me, leader," Cana replied, grinning.

"Leader?" He repeated, giving her a puzzled look.
"Well, you and Lucy have the power of divinity now. The 'power of god'. I would think it best that you two lead us. After all, this will become more of an army than a team, if this operation goes well," she explained. Suddenly, a small council guard who looked like he barely knew what he was doing came running outside.
"Looks like we better get started," Erza said, clicking her knuckles.
"All in favour of Natsu and Lucy's leadership?" Cana continued.
"Aye," everyone said in unison, apart from Natsu and I.
"Guys, that's a bit..."
"C-C-Call reinforcements a-and inform the chairman! N-N-Natsu D-Dragneel has returned!" The boy stuttered into a receiver, cutting me off.
"Well, that was rude," I muttered, annoyed.
"Hell yeah I've returned!" Natsu shouted. "You just can't get enough of me, can you?"
"Just do what needs to be done, Natsu," Erza ordered.

"Yeah yeah, I'm getting to it..." Natsu replied, sighing. He exhaled, then took a step forward. Then he placed both hands in a circle shape around his mouth, and took one final inhale of breath.
"Fire dragon's ROAR!" He cried, and a pillar of flames erupted from his mouth and set the whole bottom floor alight, just from here.
"Calm down, Natsu! If you're not careful, the whole building will collapse!" Wendy warned.
"Ah, sorry about that..." Natsu apologised awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.
Even from here, I could feel the flames searing heat.
He's already mastered such a powerful spell...
"Come on," Erza added. "We need to make a move."
"Right," I replied, but my stare did not wander from the dancing flames ahead.

-Natsu P.O.V-
"Juvia, make a pathway! Lucy, help if you need to!" I shouted, as soon as we were directly in front of the entrance.
"Juvia will do her best," Juvia replied. "Lucy, Juvia requires some water for this spell."
"You got it," Lucy said, already preforming the overtake. "Aquarius! Tsunami!"
The whole area filled with water, but there were so many flames it was still dangerous to pass through.
"Thank you!" Juvia cried, placing her hands in the air. "Water dome!"
The water from Lucy's spell began to rise towards Juvia's hands, and when it reached her palms it created a dome around all of us.
"Nice job!" I said, grinning. "Now, we'll take the first floor to begin with. We'll split up and collect the rosafelts one by one. You all get that?"

"Yeah," Cana answered. "Let's just get this over and done with!"
"Wait...don't you think this is strange? You'd think the chairman would've placed more defensive units after we attacked..." Lucy suggested.
"You have to remember- it's been six months. They probably believe we just gave up," Levy replied. "And that's why we have the advantage."
"We've arrived at the first floor hallway!" Juvia's announced, while releasing her water shield.
"Wow, that trick's impressive..." I muttered, watching it disperse and evaporate into thin air. "Okay, no more distractions. Everyone move out!"
"Aye!" They all cried back, running ahead. Lucy had told me once that rosafelts were more isolated than anyone, that they barely stayed in contact with one another. So this would be their first time meeting the other rosafelt children- rescuing them just like they wished.

I picked a door at random. I didn't know anything about the FRAS- I'd only explored it with the guidance of Lucy or Erza. So I had no idea what was awaiting me the other side of this door. I threw it open and ran inside.
"Hello? Is anyone here?" I called out, glancing around. It was a bedroom, with the same majestic furniture as Erza's bedroom had held.
The room was empty, as far as I could tell.
"Damnit," I said to myself. "Gotta try another one-"
Suddenly, someone clasped their hand over my mouth and pinned me to the floor.
"H-Hey!" I shouted, but it was only muffled noise against the attacker's palm.
"I-Is it you?" The person asked. A girl's voice. It sounded as if she'd been crying- for a long time.

"Let me go! I'm not gonna hurt you!" I shouted at her.
"Let me see your face," she muttered. She loosened her grip, and I turned round. My back was on the floor, and she was hunched over me, her arms still raised from holding me down. Our eyes met, and everything stopped.
I couldn't make sense of it. It felt like my world was unraveling again. I thought, at first, a moment like this would feel terrible.
But I smiled. Slightly, and barely, but I could feel it. The happiness.
"It's you, isn't it?" She asked, tears falling down her cheeks. I swallowed my breath, and placed my hand in hers. Her familiar fingers, wrapping themselves around my skin.
"Is that you?" I asked, like an oblivious child.
"Nova?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
IT HAPPENED! FINALLY!
OMGGGGG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO LONGGGGGGG
Is she real? Is Akari back with another illusion? WHAT'S GOING ON?! FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! (Since when did this become some cheesy reality show? XD)
THANKS FOR READING, AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!! Xxxx