Running To Freedom

Start from the beginning

   "Puppet! Puppet! If you can hear me, please go to the garage! We have to leave! Please hurry!"

We were in the car in no time at all. I saw something moving in the trunk but, I couldn't be sure. Teddy tossed me up front with him and the others got in the back.

"Teddy! Puppet is here!" Tricksey said.

      "I don't want trouble!" he began.

BAM! BOOM! We heard the wrecking ball already starting to demolish the building.

"Shut up, buckle up and don't scream!" Teddy commanded as he put the car in gear, and speed off. Everyone screamed, including Teddy himself. (It sounded like a mixture of a high-pitched girl scream and a dying cat)

          We bolted out of there as quickly as we could.

"Try not to hit any pedestrians!" Mesha yelled.

After we drove a few miles, our heart calmed down. Everything was quite except for the faint sound of the engine.

          "I'm sorry Teddy." Cannon finally said. "I know you probably won't ever forgive me for what I did but, at least know that I am sorry. And a really big idiot."

   He did what he was told and Teddy got out with him. I watched through the window as they talked. I guess Teddy must've forgave Cannon because they stood there for a while, hugging each other and crying. After they got back into the car and started driving I said,

        "You two are adorable!"

"What? No way!" Teddy said.

           Mesha giggled, "Yeah, they are! Like to big teddy bears!"

"I am going to kill you if you don't shut up." Cannon said.

"That's MY girl your talking to!" Ronnie said holding up his fist.

"I didn't know you to were in it!" Tricksey said.

Bubba popped out from the trunk, "We ran out of marshmallows!"

"Already?" Ronnie asked looking back.

      "Yeah, apparently, Puppet guy forgot to eat or something with all this 'revenge' stuff. He ate the whole bag."

       "MY MARSHMELLOWS! WHY? WHY? MY POOR, POOR MARSHMELLOWS!" Ronnie cried.

"Ye gonna stop with the whole killing us plan, right?" Tricksey asked.

A few hyperactive giggles were heard. "Give me more and I'll think about it!"

"He means yes." Bubba said. "If we give him more."

              We stopped on a hill once it started to get dark. It had a perfect view of the sunset. Bubba and Puppet Man played tag while Mesha and Ronnie were flirting shamelessly in the car. Tricksey found it more interesting to chase birds. Teddy and I? We sat alone, watching the sunset.

           "Catherine?" he asked.

I yawned "Yeah?"

            He leaned over and whispered in my ear, "I was being serious. I want you to join the band, please. Your already super good at the guitar. And plus."

       I looked at him. "What?"

"I want you. I want you to stay with me."

        I started singing "Stay with Me" by Sam Smith.

"I-uh-I really do." He said.

         Teddy looked away so I guess it was my turn to make a move.

"I will, I want to join." I said as he looked at me.

             "Really!" He said, getting excited.

"Yup, you guys are great and plus." I said looking up. "I have no friends. I have no life."

           "You have us." Teddy said. "You have me."

I looked at him, I guess for too long because he leaned over and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. I was  to stunned to move or say anything. I just sat there and stared at him. I knew I was blushing because I felt my face get hot and to make matters worse, my mouth was moving but, no sound was coming out.

         "I really do want you to stay with me." He whispered.

I did the only thing I could do. I hugged him, so tightly, too tightly I guess because I heard his back pop.

"Thank you!" I whispered back. "Thank you."

I looked up at him, his face was about as red as mine.

         "I love you, Teddy. You son of a jerk, I love you."

"I-I-I do to." He said, returning the embrace.

     We sat there hand in hand. I even got another kiss from him, this time though I returned it.

  "We're going to another restaurant. Not too far from here." Teddy said.

                 I smiled. "Told you that you'd think of something."

He looked at me. "No you didn't!"

"Yeah, I did. Just now!"

Everything was finally right. I never left them and we became the best of friends. Forever.