Chapter 6- A Puppet Tells The Heart Breaking Truth

I cried myself to sleep. I dreamed about Teddy and the others, running after me. Reaching out for me to join them and their band. I woke up to happy footsteps bouncing into the room.

"Catherine!" I heard Teddy call excitedly.

I moaned, my head throbbed from trying to put everything together. Teddy bent down and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"When were you going to tell me you could change into a monster?" I asked whipping my eyes.

I heard the others walk in as I said this. They starred at me. Out of hate, out of anger. Even Ronnie and Bubba, who were sweet and soft, starred at me like they were going to rip me apart. Only Teddy was calm. Unrealistically calm. He just sat there, starring into my eyes with his dark brown eyes. I looked down, afraid they were going to kill me.

"Can I have a moment?" he asked.

Everyone left, leaving Teddy and I alone.

"W-what gave you such an idea Catherine? Who told you?" he asked.

I looked down, "I got board, I couldn't find Bubba so I assumed he was with you." I lied trying to leave out Cannon.

  His face got twisted, "You're lying, that isn't what happened, tell me the truth." he growled.

I looked down. He grabbed the hem of my jacket.

"TELL ME THE TRUTH!" he screamed as he threw me into the wall like a sack.

I let instinct take over. I got up as he lunged at me, I ran like the wind as he crashed into the wall where I'd been moments before. I ran to the bookshelf and to the window.

"NO!" he hollered as he pushed it over sending me flying through the air.

I fell hard on my back. Pain rang out through every part of my body. Teddy grabbed something from his pocket. A knife. I got up and ran through another hallway. Not sure where it'd take me. I heard several angry threats and footsteps coming after me. I found a supply closet and locked myself in. I'd be safe there, at least for a little while.

I heard angry footsteps come and pass me. Only then did I take a breath and examine my surroundings. I didn't find much. Just some old pans, a desk and . . . my gaze lead to a . . . man? Easily passing eight feet in height. He had a mask on, it was white. White with black where the eyes should've been and red cheeks. The lips on it was red and it purple tear marks coming from the eyes. Thanks to the creepy smile, it gave it all a demonic look.

  "P-please d-don't kill me." I stuttered.

The mouth closed, apparently it wasn't his mask. It was his face.

"Why would I do that?" he asked in a calm relaxing voice. A really nice thing to hear after what happened.

   "Teddy he's . . . he tried to kill me." I said almost crying all over again.

The man looked at me like he was studying me. Then nodded and walked over to me. He rapped his arms around my shoulders and lead me to a seat.

 "It's okay. Tell me what happened."

I told him everything. Even the stuff about Cannon. How I went into Teddy's office, watching them turning into monsters. He nodded and listen carefully. And when I was done he said,

"I want to show you something child."

    He went over to a shelf and grabbed a box. Inside were a series of pictures and stuffed animals. Each one shaped like an animal. A fox, bear, chicken, and bunny. He handed me a picture.