A Teddy Bear and The Restaurant

It was raining, and I was so cold. The wind was whistling and the shadows danced as the sun rested on the land, trying to give off a few more rays to help the lost travelers. It couldn't though. I knew I had to find shelter soon.

My name is Catherine, I was caught up in a storm and was late getting home from school. I knew from the rate the clouds were moving a storm was coming. And it was going to hit hard. I looked up and saw an abandoned restaurant. At the time a welcoming sight. But, little did I know I'd lucky to survive the night.

I unlocked the door with my credit card I had at the time. The door creaked open.

"Hello?" I called out timidly.

I walked in, not really sure what to expect. I saw a few dusty tables. Some with rotting pizza, cake, and stale soda on them. I walked past them, carefully inspecting each one. Like they were some sort of clue. I was curious as to why so many people would rush out of here. There were no signs of a fire and if there was any poisons gas I would find out soon, when I was dead.

I walked to the very last set of seats. There was something different about this one. For example, it was set up near a pair of double doors. And it wasn't all dusty, it had fresh pizza and soda on it. Enough for two people.

Someone grabbed me from behind. I let my instinct kick in and I kicked behind me. I heard someone gasping for air and fall. I didn't stick around long enough to find out who it was though. I rushed through the set of double doors and into a kitchen. I dove underneath a table, pulled my hood over my face, and curled up in a ball.

The door opened up and someone shuffled into the room. I could see shoes; they were taking a few steps then stopping. As if the person was having to stop and catch their breath.

"Hello?" a male voice said, mocking me from earlier.

Suddenly I felt like I didn't have to worry anymore. All I wanted to do was get up and meet whoever was calling.

"Come on out, I won't hurt you." The voice said again.

It took all my will power to stay there and stay quiet. I knew he was lying through his teeth.

"Fine then, I'll come and find you." It said as the feet started to move again.

I didn't breathe for a minute or so. I closed my eyes and just stayed there like that, curled up in a ball eyes closed. I dozed off and went into a dreamless sleep. I felt a warm hand on my back. I opened my eyes and yawned.

"I found you." A boy with brown hair, fuzzy teddy bear ears, and a small top hat said.

I stared at him for a while, paralyzed with fear.

"Hey, come on. I told you that I wouldn't hurt you. I promise." He said putting his hand on his heart.

I tried shrinking back into the shadows but the boy grabbed me and pulled me out from underneath my hiding place, while saying. "Come on out. I just wanna play."

He sounded friendly. I wasn't sure if I should trust him. He got up and smiled, extending his hand. I hesitated for a moment, then took his hand and got up.

"There we are see? Now I can see you properly."

I looked at him for a while. Not sure how to respond.

"Do you wanna shake hands? Or start with something easy, like a wave?"

I stuck my hand out and shook his hand. It was warm and soft. Almost welcoming. His face was warm and gentle. His smile was bright and full. He was wearing a black vest and a white polo. There were some childish features to. For example, as I have already said, the fuzzy teddy bear ears and the top hat. His smile and eyes to, they both together gave him a mischievous child look.

"So what's your name?"

"Catherine."

He stepped closer "That's a nice name."

"What's yours?"

"Oh, I don't have one. People tend to call me Teddy." He said as he pointed at the bear ears.

"Makes sense."

He rolled his eyes. "A bit childish reason but, yeah." Teddy said.

He stared at me a bit and I stared back at him. We stared at each other for a while.

"This got weird faster than I thought it would. . ."

I nodded looking away.

"Well, before we started our little game, I was going to have lunch. I had a feeling someone would show up. Wanna join me?" Teddy asked while straitening his vest.

I looked at my watch and said "Yeah. Why not seeing how it almost eight thirty."

"Well then. . . Let's go!" Teddy said as he pulled me back to the table.