28 || h e a r t

_____________________

i'm scared to get close and i hate being alone, i long for that feeling to not feel at all, i can't drown my demons, they know how to swim
       <can you feel my heart by bring me the horizon

_____________________

"I'm bloody starving!" Ron exclaimed, pouring himself probably the largest bowl of cereal Malia had ever seen. "Weasel, how can you be so cheery when we all have dreadful hangovers?" Blaise muttered, cutting a piece of bacon immaculately on his plate.

Ron shrugged, shovelling cereal into his mouth. "Hermione gave me some of that muggle medicine that cures hangovers. Aspiring? I don't know the name but it's something like that." Ron said with a rather large mouthful.

Malia looked to Blaise as he contemplated something, before looking up. "Granger? I'm really putting my pride on the line but, any chance you have some of that muggle medicine left?" Hermione smirked, raising an eyebrow at him. "Why should I do that?"

"Come on, Granger. I've been nice to you lately."

"I suppose you have. Just letting you know now, it won't work instantly." Hermione summoned her bag, reaching around inside. She pulled out a small box and opened it, pulling out a foil like tray. She pushed out a white pill, reaching over to Blaise to hand him one.

"Take a drink, tilt your head back and then swallow." Blaise nodded and picked up his goblet of pumpkin juice and took a sip, putting the pill into his mouth and throwing his head back.

"Thanks, Granger."

Everyone continued eating contently, the hall eerily quiet. "Weasel! Stop chewing with your mouth open! It's disgusting!" Theo suddenly yelled, hands fisting on the table. "Shut up, Nott." Ron spat back- with his mouth full.

Theo readied himself to fire back at Ron but his thoughts were cut off when McGonagall cleared her throat, looking at Ron and Theo sternly.

"Today, all of you will be setting up magical barriers. As we know from our previous battle, one barrier was not enough." McGonagall paused sorely, Malia's heart clenching painfully.

"So this time, we will be putting up three barriers which will cover a 2-mile radius of Hogwarts. In between barriers, there will be members of the Order to cut down numbers as they will be able to pass through the barriers." McGonagall stopped, almost calculating her next sentence.

"I have already marked where these barriers are to be set, you will working your way in, the outer barrier first. I will give you a direction from the main entrance and all you need to do is follow it and begin. Am I clear?" The group murmured words of agreement before silencing, waiting for her next orders.

"Mr Potter and Miss Weasley- you will go north. Mr Weasley and Miss Granger, Northwest. Mr Malfoy and Miss Stark, West. Mr Nott and Miss Lovegood, Northeast. Mr Stark and Miss Parkinson, South. Mr Zabini and Miss Greengrass- who will be joining us in a moment, Southwest. Finally, Mr George Weasley and Mr Dean Thomas also will be joining us shortly- they will be taking Southeast." As McGonagall finished, George, Dean and Daphne walked in behind her.

"Orders effective immediately." McGonagall turned abruptly, walking away.

x