26 || d r o w n

____________________

save me from myself, don't let me drown
    <drown by bring me the horizon

____________________

The days passed quickly as they pushed the fact that the final battle was fast approaching. It was the day before the designated day they were to be at Hogwarts- a cloud of sadness and fear looming over them. They were to be at Hogwarts for 4 in the afternoon, meaning they'd get to have one last lie in and breakfast together.

Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione hadn't left and had chosen to stay, Theo saying that they secretly loved them. They all denied it intensely- Malia rolling her eyes in a joking manner.

As night drew closer, Malia stood on one of the balconies; watching the sunset. It was still winter- a cold breeze flowing through the air but it was rather soothing to her frantic mind.

Worry consumed her. What if another person she loved was killed? She wouldn't be able to handle that again. What if it was Ginny? Or Pansy? Ron or Theo, Harry or Blaise? Hermione or Maximus? Or Draco.

Malia quickly tried to push the thought of it out of her head, the idea terrifying her. What if-

"Hey." Draco mumbled as he curled an arm around her waist, her thoughts dispersing into the air. Malia automatically leaned into his touch, wanting to be closer to him. Heat radiated off of him, Malia breathing in his scent.

"Are you okay?" Draco asked, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "Yes. Just thinking." Malia replied, sighing deeply.

"One day we can go far away when all of this is over- just you and I. Away from all of this, safe." Draco said quietly, Malia's chest constricting with sadness that there was a possibility that they would never be able to do that.

Malia wrapped her arms around him, burying her face in his chest. "I love you." Draco whispered, Malia feeling the low vibrations of his throat against her forehead. "I love you too." She barely managed as she felt hot tears welling up in her eyes.

His fingers curled around her shoulders as he pulled her away, looking at her lovingly, "Don't cry." Draco lifted his hand and brushed away her tears with his thumb. He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. She signed softly as she pressed her body flush against him.

"I'll go wherever you go, just take me with you. " Malia whispered, their lips disconnecting.

Malia turned her head as she heard Ginny call out their names from downstairs. Draco took her hand, the two heading downstairs.

They walked into the kitchen, taking the two seats near the end.

x

"Just think of your happiest memory and project it into the spell." Malia said. Draco had been trying to do a bloody patronus charm for Merlin knows how long. He could manage a non corporeal one, he just couldn't get a corporeal one.

Blaise had already managed to do it, a maned wolf streaming from his wand. Pansy and Theo were still trying, much to Draco's relief.

Pansy gasped loudly, Draco's head snapping around. A panther streamed from Pansy's wand. She hugged Maximus in glee, almost knocking him over. Poor bloke.