20 || v i s i o n s

this is supposed to be extremely short as it is a filler.
__________________

i've been dreaming of us leaving everything and everyone we've ever known, i've been thinking of these visions must be a sign so hold on and don't let go
<visions by bring me the horizon

__________________

Malia didn't sleep that night, too afraid Draco would slip away from her and she wouldn't notice. Malia knew that Draco would be absolutely fine, but that didn't put her worries to rest.

The sun had risen and was boring in though the window. One of the rays of sun illuminated Draco's face, his white hair looking even brighter. Malia still held onto his hand, wanting to be close to him.

Malia looked to the window, a cherry blossom branch tapping the window in the slight breeze.

Malia eyes darted to Draco as she felt a squeeze on her hand, his eyes fluttering open. "How do you feel?" Malia asked lowly, not wanting to bother him. "Weak. My least favourite feeling." Draco replied, a frown on his face.

"You passed out when Marietta finished the incantation. I almost thought you were gone." Malia sniffled. "You look worse than I probably look right now." Draco mumbled.

"Thanks." Malia smiled. "I stayed up all night. I was too worried."

"Come here." Draco motioned to the empty side of the bed. Malia obliged and stood up from the armchair, lying down on the bed next to him. "Sleep. You need it. I'm not going anywhere. I promise." Draco used his free hand to tuck a stray piece of her chestnut coloured hair behind her ear.

Malia silently agreed and closed her eyes.

x

A few hours had passed and Draco lay awake, but not bored in the slightest. Malia took care of him so he needed to return the favour. She was cuddled into his chest, her hair spread everywhere. He even had to pull some strands out of this mouth.

Draco looked up when the door was knocked, Draco uttering a small 'come in'. Blaise walked in, opening his mouth to say something but when he realised Malia was sleeping, he shut it. 'You can sit down, just don't talk too loud." Draco's voice was just above a whisper.

Blaise obliged and sat down in the leather armchair. "How do you feel?" Blaise asked. "Weak. And I hate it."

"Understandable. That was some fucked up shit."

"I just remember being in so much pain and then it just stopped- presumably when I passed out. Malia told me." Draco murmured, Blaise looking at the two. "I saw the whole thing. I stood at the doorway. You should have seen Malia's face. In all the years I've known her, I've never seen her look so scared and hopeless." Blaise paused. "I was going to bring Theo up too but he was too busy ranting about McGonagall and I figured you wouldn't want to be in his company right now."

"I don't want to go without her. The last time I left her, I lost her and I can't let that happen again. We've already talked about it, and she said that McGonagall knows she is perfectly capable, but she wouldn't keep Malia here if it wasn't for a good reason. But I just-"

"I know what you mean. But Malia's right. McGonagall obviously has another job for her." Blaise intercepted. "I suppose you're right." Draco agreed, looking down at his girlfriend again.

"Although, the mission is with her brother. Do you think he'll be angry about you being with Malia?" Blaise smirked slightly, Draco visibly paling. "I don't think he knows yet, so let's just keep it that way. Hufflepuffs may be pushovers but I've seen their wrath before and honestly, if I'd known how scary they can be, I would never have ridiculed them in the first place."

"I'll refrain from telling him you're fucking his sister then."

"I swear to Merlin if you say that to him, I will make sure you die on this mission. And besides, it's not even true." Draco gasped, flipping Blaise off.

"Wait- are you telling me Draco Malfoy hasn't gone in for it yet?" Blaise smirked, resting his chin in his hand. "Fuck you, Blaise. I'm not going to force her into it or anything. That's just ridiculous."

"Do you think she's a virgin?"

"Blaise, I'd prefer not to talk about my girlfriend's sexual status, especially with you." Draco scowled, glaring at Blaise. "Would you not like to know though?"

"No."

"Like to know what?" Malia asked she moved slightly, eyeing Blaise from Draco's chest. "He'd like to know if-"

"Don't you fucking dare." Draco warned, Malia slowly sitting up. "I want to know." Malia raised an eyebrow at the two boys. Blaise was grinning sheepishly, Draco glaring at him. "Boy stuff. Not for your ears." Blaise grinned.

Malia rolled her eyes and yawned, checking the time. 11:58.

"Blaise, leave before I drag myself out of this bed and strange you to death." Draco scowled. "You're only telling me to leave so you can-"

"Zabini!"

Blaise quickly ran out, the door slamming behind him. Malia looked at Draco in confusion but shrugged it off, knowing the two and their childish antics.

"I almost forgot!" Malia exclaimed, leaving Draco's side. "Almost forgot what?"

"I need to clean your mark and apply Dittany." Malia grabbed the phial of Dittany and her wand, sitting back down on the bed. She lifted his arm softly, Malia feeling her heart fall to her stomach when she saw Draco wince with pain. She hated seeing him in any sort of pain.

Malia unwrapped the bandage and felt a shiver travel down her spine when she looked at the remains of his mark. Skin had grown over it but it still looked fresh. Malia used the Scourgify spell to clean it. She picked up the bottle of Dittany and dripped 4 droplets onto the wound, wrapping the bandages around it again.

"You know, you're pretty hot when you're concentrating."

"Is that so?" Malia mused, a wry smile on her face. "I'm not one to lie." Draco replied. Draco paused for a moment, not sure whether he should bring this up. "I know about your ex and how he treated you, and if he was ever shows his face around here, he won't leave with one."

"Draco..."

"No Malia. He hurt you, maybe not physically but emotionally and no one hurts what's mine." Draco frowned even thinking about the scum. "This mission; he's going to be there and if he says one thing about you, he's dead."

"If he says anything, ignore him." Malia frowned. "I won't say anything but I swear if he says anything about you, I'm killing him on the spot."

"I've changed my mind. Please do."

__________________