22 || d u a l i t y

____________________

tell me the reality is better than the dream but i found out the hard way, nothing is what is seems
<duality by slipknot

___________________

Malia's eyes shot open as something slammed down on the bed, startling her. "Auntie Malia, can you wake up now?" Malia rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, sitting up. She looked to her right to see Draco still sleeping.

"What time is it little man?" Malia smiled, messing up Teddy's already dishevelled hair. He had plonked himself down in between them, partly sitting on Draco's hand. "I don't know but I was bored, so I came to wake you up. Can you tell me a story like one of the one from when you were at school, they're funny." Teddy asked, a grin painted on his face.

"Okay, but as long as you're quiet. Draco gets grumpy if you wake him up early." Malia looked at Draco again, but he was still asleep. Teddy nodded eagerly, waiting for Malia to start.

She racked her brain and tried to think of a funny story. Most funny things happened in Hogwarts.

"One time, when I was in third year, Uncle Harry, Uncle Ron, Auntie Hermione and I were in the Hogwarts courtyard. Everyone was being not very nice to us. For some reason, Draco was sitting in a tree with his goons on the ground below. He jumped down when he saw us and started to annoy us. Then our Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher at the time saw the commotion and came over. He then turned Draco into this bright white ferret-"

"For the love of Merlin, not the bloody ferret story again!" Draco grunted as he buried his face in his pillow. Teddy burst out laughing, poking the back of Draco's head. "Not me, or anyone will ever let you live that down, Draco Malfoy."

Draco groaned, the sound muffled by the pillow. "I'm hungry, Malia, make Teddy and I some breakfast." Draco demanded, only earning him a slap upside the head. "What do you think I am? A housewife? Get your own!" Malia screeched, narrowing in her eyes.

Draco removed his face from the pillow, scowling at her. "Bloody woman." Draco muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" Malia raised an eyebrow, Teddy watching the two in amusement. "Nothing." Draco murmured. "Thought as much."

"You know Teddy, your aunt can be scary sometimes." Draco glared at her, before softening his features to look at Teddy. "She's not scary. Not to me, because I'm perfect." Teddy said rather matter-of-factly, an arrogant smile on his face. Draco grumbled some more, getting out of bed and picking a shirt up from the floor, throwing it over his head.

"Draco, can you ask Uncle Theo if he'll teach me more wizard's chess? It's fun." Teddy smiled. "Why don't you go ask him yourself? His room is on the far left." Draco suggested, rubbing his eyes. Teddy nodded and jumped off the bed, running out of the door.

Malia pulled herself out of bed and walked into the bathroom, brushing her hair out of her face. Draco followed her into the bathroom, yawning. He stood at the sink, picking up his comb and dragging it through his hair. "I- I still feel horrible about what I said." Malia mumbled, turning to look at him. "Don't be. I overreacted. Just forget about it like we said. No couple are perfect." Draco turned to her, putting down the comb. She wrapped her arms around his torso, pulling him into a hug.