Introduction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I chewed my lip til it split. I was confident, I was sure, I was certain. Hell..I even tripped down the aisle on the bus because I was so anxious to get to my house, but with the way Mom dropped the boiling pot of spaghetti that happy feeling had disolved.

"Mom. I'm gay."

"Your not gay Paige, you're thirteen." she said with an awkward chuckle

"Mom. I'm gay. I like girls."

"Your to young to like girls or boys for that matter."

"MOM!! I'M GAY!!"

I shouted it,. I wanted it to be known. I wanted her to believe me. I needed her to know. I wanted her to support me. She's like my bestfriend ...mother or not. I felt the cool rush of air stay beside me though she had walked away past me, and out the kitchen already.

It probably wasn't the best way to come out the closet, but I couldn't take it back now.

it just is what is it.

I'd say it took about three weeks for her to "recover" and what I mean by recover is that she finally spoke to me. It was like she didn't realize what I said, and if she did she didn't bother to recognize it. She full on ignored it. She went about it like things were normal, but no

I

Had

Changed.

I feel like I forced her to accept who I was...There was no way in hell she could tell me It was a phase now, that I was to young to know, that I didn't know what I liked, and I couldn't meet her surprised eyes with my head bowed down between the caramel thick thighs of some 8th grade girl who was "just experimenting."

But this wasn't no experiment with me though, and my mom realized I was damn serious that day. I got an ass whooping for being dis-respectful , but I'd say it was worth it..

I could finally be myself.

==

Three years later I had a choice between going to Hudson Senior Highschool, and Berkley Senior Highschool. People who went to Davis Middle School usually went to Hudson, but I chose Berkley.

Not many people at this school knew I was a chic. I don't portray myself as one. I do't dress like one. I don't talk like one, my voice aint low, it aint high. It's just sound like I'm yo average person. 

I am a female. I know, but why the fuck you putting my buisness out? Who asked you to spread my information like we on worldstar? The only person who knew me on the real was my friend Candie. Though I have been at this school for damn near three years now.. I'm just the type of nigga that everybody knew, but no one really knew.

I was just cool people.

"PJ.. What it do?"  I heard a very high pitched female voice greet me. I looked over my shoulder. "Getting my stuff to get to class." I shrugged shutting the locker back. I was very laid back -- nonchalant when it came to a female tryna talk to me or get at me. Her name was Lexia. She was real fine too, but I wasn't into getting all loud about how fine she was or how good she looked.

I was the respectful type till I got you in my bed. Aint no respect there. I'm about to show you how I do me.. if you allow me.

"Can I walk with you."