Chapter 13

Chapter 13

{Elliot}
"I win!" I shout as I get to the swings first and happily sit down. "You act like a five-year old sometimes." Karis says and I nod my head as I stick my young out at her. "Yes. Yes I do." I say in a James Bond type of voice and they all laugh. "I never knew that you were funny." Dalton says as he keeps laughing and I start to blush. "Most of my jokes are either childish or dirty." I reply and he nods his head. "What's everyone's favorite color?" I ask randomly. "All kinds of blue." Jocelyn says and I laugh. "It still hasn't changed?" I ask and she nods her head. "Mine is black, as always." Jada says and I nod my head. "Mine would have to be green or pink." Karis says and I nod my head in approval. "I'm glad that you're finally over your yellow stage." I say then look at Dalton. "What?" He asks and I roll my eyes. "What's your favorite color?" I ask and he shrugs his shoulders. "Gold I guess. No one's every asked me that before." He answers and I nod my head. "My favorite color is gray/grey, and it's been that way since forever." I answer and everyone just laughs. "Why gray/grey?" Dalton asks and all of my friends groan as I smile wide. "It's a really long story. I'll tell you later." I say before Dalton's phone rings. "I'll be back in just a few moments my love." Dalton says and I nod my head before he walks off somewhere.

{Dalton}
I'm talking to my Elliot when my phone rings and I mentally curse whoever's on the phone to the Ninth Circle of Hell before I sigh and look at Elliot. "I'll be back in just a few moments my Elliot." I say before she nods her head and I walk off somewhere. "Who is this calling me?" I ask in an impatient tone of voice. "It's Jasper. I nerd your help." He says and I sigh to myself. "What is the problem?" I ask and I can hear his worry. "Two my friends and I were thrown out of our coven, and we wanted to ask if we could stay with you." Jasper explains and I nod my head. "I guess, but you know the rule: no drinking human blood." I say and I can hear Jasper give a sigh of relief. "Understood. Thank you so much." He says and I chuckle. "Alright then. I'll see you later." He says and I nod my head. "I'll see you too. Bye." I say before I hang up the phone and walk back over to Elliot and her friends.

{Elliot}
Dalton walks over to me with a worried expression on his face. "What's wrong?" I ask as he sits down beside me and gives me a sad, sheepish smile. "We have to leave sooner than planned." He says as he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "Okay then. When is sooner?" I ask and he laughs nervously. "Right now. I need to check on something at home." He says and I look at my friends. "Dalton can I ask you a really important question?" I ask and he nods his head. "Of course you can ask me anything." He replies and I sheepishly look at my friends. "Can Karis, Jada, and Jocelyn come live with us please?" I ask and his eyes widen as he stands up and repeatedly shakes his head no. "No no no no no and no! And in case you didn't hear me clearly no! There's no way I'm letting anymore humans in this households!" He says and I stand up too. "Please?! I get so bored there with no one to talk to, and your always off doing something or you leave the house while I stay! Would it kill you to let some of my friends (my only friends) stay with me?!" I shout and he looks at me with pure sadness in his eyes. "Do I really bore you?" He asks and I sigh a loud. "It's not you it's just that I never get to do anything, and it would be really nice if I could have my friends living with me so that I won't be alone." I explain and he gives in with a sigh. "They have to be packed and at your house in one hour." He says and my friends and I squeal excitedly before I give him a big hug and kiss. "Thank you so much!" I say and he kisses me back. "You're welcome." He says before we drop my friends off at their houses and drive back to mine.