Chapter 17. New Friends, Old Foes.

Start from the beginning

Gina rolls her eyes and snorts, "You can't just claim every guy in the school, Samantha."

She looks back up to Gina and smirks, "Oh I wasn't talking to you, honey." She moves her gaze to me, giving me a sickly sweet smile. "I was talking to Sarah here. Did you hear me, Sarah?"

I gulp and nod quickly, looking down at my feet as not to set her off. I hear her laugh in victory then the clicking of her heels getting closer.

"Stay back, bitch." She sneers towards me then turns away laughing, flipping her hair off her shoulder to slightly hit Gina while she walks away.

"Why you fu - " Gina starts after her but I quickly grab her arm, holding her back.

"Don't. It's not worth it." I whisper the words tiredly, not even believing them myself. I sigh and let go of her arm. "There's no use."

She turns back towards me angrily, still fuming. "Of course there is a use! The use is to make that bitch pay! Sarah you don't deserve this, you deserve to be able to like a guy without being bullied for it!" She stomps her foot in irritation and glares at the door. "Besides, she hasn't even talked to Keagen yet, how could she even 'claim' him like that?!"

"She wasn't talking about Keagen. At least not for the most part." I whisper softly, afraid of my own voice in case I hear it breaking.

Gina whips back around and frowns in confusion, "Then who was she talking about?"

"Zander." I advert my eyes and gaze down at the floor, "Ever since she first saw Zander and I talking she has been constantly 'reminding' me that she laid claim on him. I guess she must have saw us still talking and decided to 'remind' me again." I sigh and walk towards the sinks, gently tossing water on my face.

"She is literally so selfish it disgusts me to no end. Girl, you're allowed to like whoever you want - or even be friends with whoever you want. I will back you up, okay?" She walks over and smiles at me in the mirror, gently rubbing my back. I smile back and nod, a feeling of relief washing over me from the comfort of my best friend.

"Okay." I smile and turn towards her, giving her a quick hug before we both head back to the cafeteria. I spot Keagen in the same place, staring down at his phone while eating the salad he got with his burger.

He looks up and sees us coming, smiling instantly. "Hey, you're back." He locks eyes with me and seems to give me an exceptionally bigger smile than Gina, making me want to frown in confusion.

"Hey." I smile brightly, masking my precious feelings, and take my seat beside him again.

"Hey there too!" Gina interrupts our smiling session, giving me a knowing smirk. I roll my eyes and turn towards my food, lightly poking at my fries with my fork while they engage into conversation again. Once and a while I join in too, but I mostly just listen. Lunch quickly passes by and soon enough the day is ending. Keagen and I walk out towards Gina's car, both of us lightly laughing and joking about.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" He grins down at me and shoves his hands in his pocket.

I smile sarcastically and glance towards the school, "Well it's school so yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." He laughs at my joke and nods and starts walking away, waving goodbye with a smile.

I sigh softly and get into the car, patiently waiting for Gina to finish up in the library then take me home. I watch as Keagen gets in his car and pulls out of his parking spot, slowly driving away and out of sight.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and I immediately take it out to look at it.

Hey Cupcake :) -Z

I smile down at the text and quickly type back.

Hey! What have you been up to? :) -S

Busy busy, missing your kisses everyday... :P -Z

Awe, poor thing. Hurry back then :)
-S

I sure will ;) You, Gina, and I should go out to the movies Saturday. What do you say? -Z

Okay! I'll ask her about it and get back to you :) -S

Alright, until then :) -Z

I smile down at the text, my heart feeling fuzzy and light. What is happening to me?

~•~

Yay, chapter 17 is here! This week has been pretty rough but Thanksgiving was amazing ❤️❤️

Oooooooh, new boy in town *wiggles eyebrows* What do you think of him so far? 😏😂 (p.s. I'm currently in the process of changing up all of "his" chapters so if you see anything different - that's why!)

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, Share, and Follow me! ❤️

Stay sweet!
~Molly