Chapter(7): "Yeah it was me "

~The Guy who takes a chance, who walks the line between the known and the unknown, who is unafraid  of failure...will succeed~ unknown

I made my way through the hallway to the parking lot and just decided to forget about Derrick for now. As soon as I made it outside, I scanned the parking lot and spotted Lei waiting next to her car at a distance. She was scanning the crowd of people filing out of the building until she saw me and smiled and waved me over. I walked over to her and she greeted me with a little song. "We're gonna party and party hardy- with my friend Marty..." She trailed off when she saw me raise my eyebrow at her.

I pressed my hand against her forehead. "Are you sick Lei? Sounds like you need to go to a hospital." I said before I burst out laughing. She pushed my hand away from her head and glared at me. "Do not! That's from Hannah Montana! There's absolutely nothing wrong with that show!" She huffed before crossing her arms in a defiant manner.

"There is when the leading actress is famous for twerking on Robin Thicke!" I teased before breaking out in another fit of giggles. She rolled her eyes before chuckling.

"Yeah you're right. It's not that bad though. I was watching it because Ania wanted to watch it and there was an episode where they were trying to sneak out to a party. And for the record, her songs are pretty damn catchy." She explained and gave me a pointed look. I nodded in agreement. "Yeah you're right. 'Wrecking Ball' is actually pretty good."

We got in the car and she drove out of the parking lot. Lei grinned over at me before she started rambling. "Okay, so I'm like really excited now because we can do all the girls stuff! We can braid each other's hair, do mani-pedis, watch some movies that I rented and do the whole shabam!" She squealed.

I looked over at her in horror. "Who are you and what have you done with Adeleine?!" Lei bursted out laughing. "You should have seen your face! It was priceless."

"And you acted like a preppy girl why?" I asked curiously.

"To remind you how cool I am and how grateful you should be that you didn't become friends with a preppy squealing girl." She simply explained as we turned into her driveway.

"Duly noted." I replied as we got out of the car and made our way to the house.

We walked in and I immediately looked around the interior. The house had a homy feel to it and was very clean. Lei gave me a tour of the house and I saw a lot of family photos-some nice and some funny. She had a very nice kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite counters, and a white tiled floor. Her living room was the definition of an entertainment center. She had a lot of game consoles and surrounding them was a lot of games and DVD's. there was also some bean bag chairs on the side, a coffee table in the middle and a beige couch set around it. We went upstairs and she showed me where the bathroom was and all the many rooms while we went to the closer to get blankets so we can sleep on the bed that pulls out of the couch downstairs.

Everything about her house made me smile because it wasn't small like mine usually was since it was just mom, dad and me. Lei actually had two older brothers, an older sister and a younger sister. Anna was 26 and already on her own but came to visit from time to time.. Jonathan was 24 and was focusing on his career right now in kinesiology. Jake was 20 and was still in college, Adeleine came next then there was Ania who was only 10 but Lei said she was still in school.

As we walked, Lei continued to talk more about her family and all the pranks they would pull on each other because they were actually really close. Her brothers filled her blow dryer with flour one time, Ania switched the labels on the salt and sugar containers when her parents wanted coffee, Jonathan put clear ceramic wrap on the toilet bowl in the bathroom in Jake's room and Jake got him back by putting it in the doorway of Jonathan's room and chased him into it and Anna pulled the best prank on everybody when she came home for Christmas one time. Lei told me that she ran into the living room and told her family that it sounded like something fell in the fridge when she 'accidentally' closed it too hard and everybody rushed over to see it. They opened the fridge and said there was nothing until her fiancée jumped out of the spice cabinet dressed professionally as a zombie and they all ran out screaming.