Synopsis

Born into slavery, bound by Fate, and forbidden to love. One faerie will do anything to be free.

It's not easy being a child of chaos. Disaster follows Isiilde wherever she goes, but that's the least of her problems—she's a faerie trapped in a realm of humans. And worse yet, she's a nymph.

Destined to be sold when she comes of age, Isiilde breaks into the vault of a powerful immortal to steal coin for her escape. But, instead of finding treasure, she (accidentally) releases a fiend into the realm.

As penance for her crime, the immortal tasks her with capturing the fiend. Only events quickly spiral out of control amid political scheming, power-hungry madmen, and three kingdoms bidding for her ownership.

One lone nymph stands at the center of destruction, with her heart bound to a man as mysterious as her strange affinity with fire. Isiilde is far more than she seems. And so is the man who wins her heart.

Fate doesn't stand a chance against a chaotic fire nymph.

A character-driven high fantasy novel with coming-of-age themes, pyromaniac faerie, and friends-to-lovers tropes.

Previously published as A Thread in the Tangle. A story of innocence and brutality, of love and loss, and courage and hope. It contains mature subject matter. For a list of content warnings: visit www.sabrinaflynn.com.

This story contains sample chapters of a complete trilogy. The books are available at all online stores and libraries around the world. If money is an issue, I'm happy to provide an ebook in exchange for an honest review.

*Author's Disclaimer*

The 'strong female' is really popular in fiction these days. Sixteen year-olds seem to know more than the adults in the book. They are harder,  extremely capable, and more emotionally stable than the adults. Oh yes. And they will not be rescued by a man, or anyone else for that matter. But they don't do it quietly... there's always a long proud speech about how independent they are. And to show their toughness, the girl always punches a guy in the face, because in the 'strong female' genre, that's somehow a sign of strength.

The teenage girl is usually an awkward bookworm, who totally rocks every dress she puts on, and is either a kickass fighter, or she learns to fight in a two day long training montage (key in Rocky music) before her mentor is tragically murdered. There's usually a hot guy thrown into the mix. Or two. A six-pack, perfectly ruffled hair, and did I mention he's HAWT? Never mind how he treats her. What he looks like matters most. Right?

Those books are fine, and fun. But you won't find any of that in this series. Isiilde is not strong, she's not particularly brave or capable, and she's so very inexperienced. The young don't have a cushion of emotional experience to fall back on when things go wrong.

That's what makes growing up so difficult. And sometimes, painful.

Tears are not a sign of weakness, mistakes are not a stamp of incompetence, and sometimes—most of the time—courage is found in the smallest of acts. Like climbing to your feet when all you want to do is lay down and die.

If you are looking for a kickass female protagonist, you won't find it in this series. But what you will find is a story of innocence and brutality, of love and loss, and courage and hope.