Chapter 9

Abby's POV:
Pyramid time again.

When all the junior and seniors and are in Studio A

"Right, I'm going to start with the juniors pyramid. On the bottom is Jojo, you are here because out of every dance, yours placed the lowest. Next is Kalani, your solo came 2nd but it had the second lowest score. Next we have Brynn, your solo was 1 point higher than Kalani. In the middle, we have Kendall, your solo got 1 point above Brynn. Then, joint on top, we have Nia and Maddie. You both got perfect scores on your solos. And you were both in a winning duet.
Moving onto the Senior pyramid. On the bottom we have Eric, you forgot the dance. Next John, you also forgot the dance. Next Joanne, you kept on looking at the others to see what to do. So did Payton. On the middle we have Auriel, you were ok but you didn't stand out. And Susan, you didn't stand out either. 2nd on the pyramid we have Leila, you were amazing. And on top for the 2nd week, we have Brandon. You were outstanding in the group. Well Done."

"Right, this week we are attending IN10SITY DANCE CONPETITION in FortWayne Indiana. Solos go to Maddie, Nia, Brandon and Leila. Duets are Maddie and Susan in the open age category. Nia and Kendall, you also have a duet. Trios are going to Payton, Auriel and Joanne for the seniors and Jojo, Kalani and Brynn. Then we have the junior group and the senior group. Let's get going. The schedule is in the Lobby."

Schedule: Monday
8-9am - Junior group rehearsal in Studio A.
8-9am - Senior Tap class in Studio B.
9-10:30am - Senior group in Studio A.
9-9:30am - Maddie solo in Studio B.
9-9:30am - Nia solo in Studio C.
9:30-10am - Nia and Kendall duet in Studio B.
9:30-10am - Kalani, Jojo & Brynn trio in Studio C.
10-10:30am - Junior group homework.
10:30-11:30am - Maddie & Susan duet in Studio A.
10:30-11:30am - Payton, Auriel & Joanne trio in Studio B.
11:30am-1pm - LUNCH BREAK
1-2pm - Junior group rehearsal in Studio A with seniors watching.
2-3pm - Senior group rehearsal in Studio A with juniors watching.
3-4pm - Brandon solo in Studio A.
3-4pm - Leila solo in Studio B.
4-5pm - Junior acro class in Studio A.
5-7pm - Dinner break.
Last run throughs for today in Studio A.
7-7:15pm - Maddie solo
7:15-7:30pm - Nia solo
7:30-7:45pm - Brandon solo
7:45-8pm - Leila solo
8-8:15pm - Maddie & Susan duet
8:15-8:30pm - Nia & Kendall duet
8:30-8:45pm - Kalani, Jojo & Brynn trio
8:45-9pm - Payton, Joanne & Auriel trio
9-9:30pm - Junior group
9:30-10pm - Senior group
10pm - GO HOME.

Maddie's POV:
Miss Abby gave me a duet with Susan who is part of the senior company. I hope I don't get out danced by her. Because she is much older and taller than me!!

Susan's POV:
I have a duet with Maddie this week. She is a really good dancer. I hope she doesn't out dance me!

Abby's POV:
I gave Maddie and Susan a duet this week because Maddie is the best dancer on the Junior team and Susan is One of the best in the Senior group and I want them to see how each other dance to get better.

Kendall's PoV:
How come Maddie is the only one to get to dance with a senior. I am just as talented as Maddie.

Maddie's PoV:
Kendall is giving me really evil looks. I think it's because Miss Abby said that I have a duet with a senior and none of the other juniors do.

Abby's PoV:
I have seen the looks that Maddie is receiving from Kendall. This is because she feels that she is just as good as Maddie because she gets lots of duets with her.

Susan's POV:
Kendall is giving Maddie evil looks. It's because Maddie gets a duet with me but no other junior gets to dance with a senior. I thought they were best friends!

Abby's POV:
"Right, so go and look at the schedule. Make sure you are in the right place at the right time."

Abbys POV:
Maddie's solo this week is lyrical. It's entitled Timeless.

Nia's solo this week is Spoken Word. It's entitled Goodbye Maya.

Brandon's solo this week is contemporary. It's entitled Any Time Now.

Leila's solo this week is Lyrical. It's entitled I Don't Owe You Anything.

Maddie and Susan's duet this week is contemporary. It's entitled Two Sapphires.

Nia and Kendall's duet this week is Jazz. It's entitled Dig It.

Kalani, Jojo & Brynn's trio this week is Lyrical. It's entitled The world is ours.

Payton, Joanne & Auriel's trio this week is Hip Hop. It's entitled What goes around comes around.

The junior group is HipHop. It's entitled Boss Ladies.

The senior group is Lyrical. It's entitled Why not me.

*Timeskip*

Abby's POV:
Right now, it is 1 o'clock. All the seniors and Juniors are in Studio A. The Juniors are going to do their group dance and then the seniors are going to do theirs. I have them watching each other so that they can critique each other. Because the seniors need all the help they can get!

The seniors had no critiques for the juniors. But the Juniors had a lot of critiques for the seniors. During their dance all you could hear was

"Point your feet."

"Straighten your legs."

"You're not in time with each other."

"You're not listening to the music."

"That was awful."

The seniors have a lot of work to do.

After they had done their group again. Brandon and Leila went to go rehearse their solos and the Juniors went into Studio C with the other Seniors to work on their group dance. They stayed practising until the Juniors had their acro class. But the seniors just kept going and Brandon and Leila joined them.

*timeskip*

It's now 7 o'clock. The dancers have their last run-throughs for today with me I Studio A. I am going to give each of them 1 critique that they can work on.

Solos:
Maddie - Work on getting it to flow better.

Nia - Work on your facials.

Brandon - Straighten your legs!

Leila - Remember the choreography!

Duets:
Maddie - Be in time with Susan
Susan - Be in time with Maddie

Nia - Straighten your legs.
Kendall - Don't look at Nia to know what move comes next!

Trios:
Payton - Remember the choreography!
Joanne - Point your feet!
Auriel - Work on your facials.

Kalani - Straighten your legs
Jojo - Work on your turns.
Brynn - Be in time with the others.

Groups:
Juniors:
Maddie - Work on HipHop. It's not your strong point.
Kendall - You need to hit all the accents.
Nia - Work on HipHop.
Brynn - Work on your facials.
Jojo - Be in time with the others.
Kalani - Work on HipHop. It's not your strong point either.

Seniors:
Brandon - Be in time with the others.
Leila - Straighten your legs.
Payton - Remember the choreography.
Susan - Point your toes.
Auriel - Don't look at the others.
Joanne - Don't look at the others.
Eric - Remember the choreography.
John - Work on your facials.

"You can all go home now. Make sure you apply these corrections!"

There was a chorus of BYE and WE WILL and SEE YOU TOMORROW.

I was locking the studio when I got a phone call from the competition director.