Chapter 26

[Kousei's POV]

Miyuki has been very kind to me ever since she came to our school. We ate lunch together, shared our interests, and joked around. She's a great friend. I'm honestly surprised that Watari hasn't fallen for her yet. She's funny, very talented, and kinda cute.

"Hey Kousei" Miyuki greeted. "Good morning  Miyuki " I said waving at her. Did I mention that she lives on the same street as me? That means that we can hang out more. This year just got a lot more interesting.

Miyuki ran over and gave me a friendly hug. Then we began walking to school side-by-side.

[Tsubaki's POV]

"I'll see you later mom. Bye dad!" I shouted before walking outside. I shut the door behind me and when I turned around I was beyond furious. I saw Kousei and Miyuki walking to school together. They were so close...

But I'm the only one who should be that close to him! ME not HER! They barely know each other but they're acting like they've been friends for years. Miyuki has only been here for a week. ONE WEEK! How could she just replace me so easily?!

The two of them turned their heads in my direction. Kousei quickly looked away and Miyuki just smiled. "Tsubaki, join us" Miyuki offered. "N-no. I'll pass. I uh, have something to do. Oh look I forgot my watch in my house...I better go get it hehehehehehe." I frantically tried to find the door knob and then went inside and slammed the door.

What did I just do?

Ugh! I wanna hate her but I can't. She's just so sweet and innocent. And besides, she's been very kind to me and everyone else. If I hated her just for being close to Kousei, I would never forgive myself. It's not even her fault that any of this happened. I'm the one who broke up with him. I'm the cause of everything. Me. I hurt Kousei and now I'm hurting myself. Great.

"Tsubaki? Why aren't you on your way to school?" My mother asked. I need to come up with something and quickly. Hmm... I got it! "Well you see, I thought I forgot something so I came back inside but it turns out now that I had it the whole time. I must be tired. Hehe. Well I better get going now bye-"

"Tsubaki" she said sternly.

I sighed. "Can we not talk about this right now?" I asked. "Very well then. But hurry up before you're late!" I ran out of the house and walked a distance behind Kousei and Miyuki.

When I got to school I was waiting for Kousei to leave his locker before going to mine. I didn't want to have any contact with him at all. If my eyes meet his, I'll become an emotional wreck all over again.

I hid behind the wall on the opposite side of lockers since his class is on the other side of the hall. From where I was, I could hear him and Miyuki talking about egg sandwiches. Egg Sandwiches? What kind of conversation is that? They rambled on about random stuff and then I saw them walk off to class; the one thing that separated them. I let out a sigh of relief and went over to my locker and began putting my combination in.

"That Kousei is such an idiot. He makes me so mad. Ugh, that dummy and his stupid face" I mumbled to myself. I then began picturing all the times we were together and how happy I was with him. Even when we were just friends he made me feel like the luckiest girl alive...but I ruined it. I'm the real dummy here. If I never confessed to Kousei, we would still be friends and none of this would've happened. It's all my fault.

Everything is my fault.

"Come on Tsubaki we're gonna be late." I turned around to see Kashiwagi standing behind me. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even see her walk over here. "Y-yeah" I replied awkwardly. I got everything that I needed and speed walked to class.

"Is something bothering you?"

___________________________
Late update I know. Sowwy 😢 This chapter is so short and it really sucks. I guess you can consider it a filler? But hey, things are about to get interesting hehe😏 Anyways,

Until next time,

-K