Chapter 10

[Tsubaki's POV]

Once the nurse was done running tests on me, I just lied down on my hospital bed and stared at the ceiling. My thoughts were empty and I just felt numb. Not physically but emotionally. I didn't feel like a person. I didn't even feel like I was alive. I felt like I lost myself.

I pulled the blankets over my head and listened to the beeping on the monitor. That sound really made me anxious because the beeping could just stop at any minute. The thought of that gave me chills. Nice going Tsubaki. Now your're probably going to give yourself a heart attack. I officially hate my way of thinking. I always end up up regretting ever thinking about anything. I'm such a-

"Dummy."

Who the heck was that? How did they finish my sentence?! Suddenly, I heard the door slowly open and footsteps got louder by the second. Crash! Oh no, something just broke. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna flipping die. "Please don't be a ghost. Please don't be a ghost" I repeated in my head. I heard someone whimper. Okay I've just about had it. I pushed the blanket off of me and was ready to attack something that I couldn't see.

"Listen up you- Kousei?"

"Hey" he said awkwardly while holding his leg. "What the hell were you doing dumbass?! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I screamed at him. "What do you think I was doing?!" He said in a sassy tone. "I think you were doing something that any stupid teenage boy would do" I replied. "And what is that?" He asked placing his foot on the floor. "You were going to watch me sleep weren't you?! Well I wasn't sleeping so the joke is on you" I shouted. "I wasn't going to watch you sleep!" He protested. "Liar. I always knew you were a creep" I told him. He groaned and turned his back towards me.

"If I'm such a creep, I should just leave then" he said in a serious tone. I looked at the back of his head and remembered something. Why would I care if he was here or not. He doesn't like me anyways. "No one's stopping you" I finally said. He stiffened up at first but then he just nodded and walked out. After that, I felt extremely guilty. I probably hurt his feelings.

But I guess we're even now.

[Kousei's POV]

I'm really starting to believe that Tsubaki has anger issues. She's always yelling at me! Though, she does have a reason for it. I've really been a real jerk to her lately. It's not like I do it on purpose. I just say things and do things without thinking beforehand.

***

I sat at my piano staring at the keys. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't touch the keys. I'll admit that I was afraid. I was scared that if I touched it, everything from my past would come and haunt me all at once. What if I couldn't handle it and broke down. I want to play again but I just can't. My past is just filled with things that I don't want to remember.

I don't want to go back there.

___________________________
Finally updated. 1) I know this chapter sucks and is so short  2) I just needed to post something because it's been over a week and I've really had serious writers block. I literally wrote like a sentence every day but I didn't know what to write next. That kind of explains why this chapter is cringeworthy. I apologize for that. The next one will definitely be much better than this.

Until next time..

-K