Chapter 22

[Tsubaki's POV]

I stood patiently until Watari came outside. He stared at me for a few seconds and shut the door. "Watari please I just want to talk" I explained. "There's nothing to say" He spoke from the other side of the door. I groaned and ran over to the door. I then used all of my force and kicked it open. When I looked down I saw him on the floor. "Why'd you have to kick the door in?!" He yelled. "Because you refused to let me in" I replied. "I could say the same thing" he said. My body went limp and I fell onto my knees, catching myself with my hands. "Tsubaki?"

"Why do you hate me so much?!"

I walked over to him and bent down. "I do love you Watari. I love you with all of my heart. Just not in that way ya' know. No matter what you'll always be like my brother and nothing can change that. I am genuinely sorry though. I'm sorry that I put you through so much and-" Watari cut me off by pulling me into a tight hug. "I love you too" he sobbed. Suddenly his mother came downstairs. "Whats with all the- Tsubaki?" "Hi" I said with a smile. "Are you guys friends again" she asked. I nodded and Watari squeezed me tighter than he already was. "Good to know" was all she said before going back upstairs. I chuckled and let go of Watari. He stood up. Then he put out his hand to help me up.

"Thanks" I told him. "No problem."

We just stood there staring at each other for what seemed like forever until I finally decided to break the silence. "So, how's soccer going?" I asked. He sighed. "It's going well it's just that I'm still not over our loss." I placed a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry. You'll win next time I'm sure of it" I said giving him a thumbs up. "I hope so."

***
For the rest of the day we just talked, joked, and goofed around. Sadly it was getting late and I didn't want to walk around in the dark. "I'll see you later Watari" I said waving goodbye. "Bye Tsubaki" he said back. I began my walk and I must admit that it was getting kind of cold. All I wore today was a T-shirt and shorts. "Damn it. Why did it have to be so cold today" I complained out loud. The speed of the breeze began picking up and then I heard thunder. Why did it have to be a storm right now. I started running as fast as I could so that I could make it home before the storm began. It did start already idiot. Suddenly I felt raindrops on my head.

"Fudge!"

I was already far away from Watari's house but I was even farther from my own. Well, I have no choice but to go back to Watari's house. At least it's closer. I turned around and started running in the opposite direction back to Watari's home. By now it was pouring outside and I was getting soaked. I wanted to call someone but I left my phone at home.

[Kousei's POV]

It was dark outside and the thunderstorm was getting worse by the second. I was worried because Tsubaki wasn't in her normal spot at her window and she wasn't answering any of my calls. I just hope that she's safe. Who am I kidding, she probably didn't know that there would be a storm and left outside wearing shorts. Typical Tsubaki. If only she knew what I have to go through with her.

I decided go out and look for her.

I put on my jacket and grabbed my umbrella. I quickly ran outside and started running around looking for her.

"Tsubaki where are you!"

[Tsubaki's POV]

I felt awful. The rain, the thunder, the lightning. I was terrified. I've been caught in the rain but never this much of it. I stopped running for a while to catch my breath. My arms and legs were freezing and my hands felt like they would turn into icicles.

I pulled myself together and kept running until I saw someplace that I could hide. It was a playground but there was this red arch that you could go inside. I remember being in there with Kousei as kids. It was when he went out looking for Chelsea and I had to find a way to cheer him up. I don't know if I really helped at all though.

I hurried up and climbed inside. It was a tight fit but it would have to do for now. I sat with my knees up to my chin in a ball-like position. I felt warm tears go down my cheeks. "I don't wanna die out here" I sobbed.

[Kousei's POV]

"Tsubaki!" I called out. I was running around everywhere like an idiot. I texted Watari and he said that she wasn't at his house. I had no clue where to look. I continued walking around and I was stumped. I couldn't find her anywhere. "Tsubaki!" I called out once again. No response.

The storm was getting worse by the second and I needed to take shelter somewhere. That's when I came up with an idea. I was near this place where I sat alone with Tsubaki in the rain and cried over Chelsea. She did all she could to cheer me up and even though she mostly failed, the thought of having someone there with me through it all made me feel much better. She was always by my side through everything.

I quickly ran over there and the closer I got the louder I heard...sobs? Once I reached it I knelt down and saw Tsubaki crying with her face buried in her knees. "Tsubaki, I'm here. Everything will be alright" I said as she scooted over making room for me to sit. I took off my jacket and placed it on top of her. Then I sat beside her and wrapped my arms around her. "Don't worry about me. I don't want you to get sick" she protested. "I'm fine. Besides, if I do get sick I'll just need vitamin C" I joked.

The thunder roared and she snuggled into me. "Kousei, I'm scared" she cried. I stroked her hair in a comforting manner. "You'll be fine. I won't let anything happen to you." She nodded and before I knew it I heard soft snores. Well, that was fast.
__________________________
Hey guys. I'm so so so sorry for such a late update. School had been so stressful and I haven't had much time for anything. But hey, I made a new story. It only has like 0 reads but whatever xD. Anyways, I enjoyed writing this chapter even though it's a bit short. Well, don't forget to comment, vote, and share.

Until next time...

-K