Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

"Good, good!" He stepped up and hugged me. "You've grown so much, I can't believe it."

I heard Sapphire growling right next to me. "He better get off of her in the next two seconds or else his arms are gonna get disassembled."

"Babe, it's okay, he's gay... I think."

She quickly calmed down as soon as she heard that, but I sensed that she still felt a bit uneasy. Soon after, Jack had let go of me. The other boy and a girl walked over to me.

"Hey Peter, hey Lily." I greeted them.

"Oh, so you remember them but not me?" Jack groaned.

"Well, it's easy to identify the rest of you once I get at least one of you." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"How are you doing, shortie?" Lily rubbed my hair.

"I'm fine. Still carrying deadly weapons, I see?"

"Of course, I always keep at least one in hand in case trouble spots me. And in this case.." She lowered her voice a bit. "They'll possibly come in handy. These wolves don't seem very trustworthy."

"Don't worry, you can trust these guys." I whispered back. I pulled Sapphire over towards me. She caught one glimpse at Lily and silently growled again. "Be nice." I reprimanded her. She stopped instantly.

I turned back to my old friends and introduced them. "Lily, Jack, Peter, this is my girlfriend, Sapphire."

"So this is the girl that's lucky enough to have your heart, huh?" Jack stepped up and scanned Sapphire up and down. His glare made Sapphire's face scrunch up.

"Get this guy away from me." She pleaded.

I chuckled. "Yes Jack, this is her, but I should warn you that you might wanna step back a bit. Im the only one who is allowed to be up in her personal space after all."

Jack stepped back. "Just had to get a good look at her. I have to approve of her after all."

Sapphire rolled her eyes. She was going to respond with a something sarcastic or offensive, but luckily her sister got everyone's attention before she could speak.

"Let me just say that I'm glad that all of you agreed to help us fight against our former pack in order to protect our mates." She started. "But, obviously, there is some current tension in the air. If we want to win and prevent ourselves from being killed, were going to have to work together as a pack of our own."

The hunters rolled their eyes, except for Jen and I.

"We have to be ready for an attack at any point in time. For now, we may have enough time to train. Starting tomorrow, I want each shifter to find a hunter to train with, double up if you have to. Just don't injure each other to the point where your partner won't be able to fight when the real danger arrives."

Sapphire held onto to me and pulled me close to her. "Partners?" She asked.

I nodded then winked. "Partners." I reached up and stole a quick kiss from her.

"For now, I want everyone to get some rest." Artemis went on. "Go to whoever you're staying and relax yourselves, because after tonight, were all gonna undergo some serious training."

Everyone mumbled and complained, but we all agreed that Artemis was right. She finished what she had to say, and everyone went to rest up for the night.

After the extras left, Jen, Artemis, Sapphire and I ate dinner together and we watched a bit of TV to kill time. Carmen and Griffin had returned which signaled the start to my all nighter with Sapphire.