Chapter V

||Naruto||

What's taking Sasuke so long? It'd been two hours!

  "Did something happen to Sasuke-sama?" Lee asked.

  "That Teme has been going out lately... I feel like he's seeing someone," I said.

  "You don't mean..."

  I nodded.

||Sakura||

  "Thanks for being here when I need you..." I thanked Sasuke.

  "It's nothing. You're... Someone..." he paused for a moment. "You're my friend."

  Somehow I didn't like that sentence.

  "Well, since I'm okay now, you can go to your 'business'," I said rudely.

  He looked a little confused, but smiled and nodded before leaving. A part of me didn't want him to go. Am I being too selfish? He seemed like a busy person, but I'm afraid I'm only bothering him...

||Sasuke||

  I sighed as I closed the door and leaned against it. A part of me didn't want to go.

  I hesistated for a while before walking off and transformed into my original form. I hurried back to the territory where everyone was waiting.

  When they saw me, Naruto jumped onto me and gave me a small scratch.

  "Teme! What took you so long you bastard!" he chided.

  "I'm sorry, I got here as soon as I could. So what's wrong?" I asked.

  They exchanged glances.

  "Neji disappeared," Kiba replied. I froze.

  "Neji what?" I blinked.

  "You heard him," Lee confirmed.

  I growled and pressed my claws hard into the ground, leaving deep marks.

  "Well? Find him!" I growled ferociously. "Why are you all still gathered here for?!"

  They exchanged glances again. But this time, they were worried glances. Which all the more made me felt anxious.

  "What is it, speak up!" I demanded.

  "We did, but they didn't return..." Naruto muttered.

  "Which means..." Lee added softly.

  "The humans. " I clenched my teeth and my eyes gleamed.

  "Yes. The humans." Kiba nodded.

  "They have went too far. We have been sparing their lives for the longest of time now..." I grunted. "We will avenge you, Aniki, Neji..."

||Third person||

  The werewolves prepared their ambush as they hid within the bushes. The humans had the same goals as them — to kill the enemy. They had also planned out an ambush once they discover the werewolves' territory.

  Just then, Mebuki stood at the village's entrance. She was gazing out to the woods, aa if waiting for someone. She started calling, "Sakura, are you there? My dear Sakura! Please be safe! Sakura! Sakura!"

  Sasuke widened his eyes and Naruto seemed to notice his reaction. He stared at Sasuke warily. A werewolf carelessly jumped out without Sasuke's signal and leaped onto Mebuki. She shrieked as he lifted a paw up.