Mr. Nonchalant and Another's Kiss

Start from the beginning

Yes of course it was

"'I will let them in, be there in 30 minutes."

"Thank Amelia," he said quickly, before turning back, "are you going for the team drink tonight? it's been a while since we go out outside of work setting."

"Yeah I think I might be, what about you?"

"Yeah I'm, we can go there together then."

My mind wander to what Thalia said about kissing Enrico, and how he always has a crush on me. I tried to ignore it and just assumed that I didn't know about it. I didn't want to question our relationship. Although he's my boss, we also found friendship in each other and it was comforting.

While I continued to work on preparing for the meeting, I took my mind off my boy's problem. Hinted at the word boys because he was definitely not mature enough to be called a man.

"I'm here to see Mr. Enrico Novak." I looked up, stood there Jesse Blue and two of his associates. I didn't unfortunately run a background check, so I was not familiar whom these people are.

He was acting as if he didn't know me, or was this his way of being professional. "Yes, you can follow me," I said trying to be unbothered by his tone.

We walked towards the main meeting room, connected to Enrico's office. I knocked three times before he said to enter. Enrico shook hands with the man and his associates and directed them to sit by the small meeting table. I began to type the minutes, avoiding to meet his eyes, even accidentally. Was he mad that I told his I didn't think the kiss was a big deal? Am I thinking too much about this?

"So I think we should definitely cancel that-" Enrico pointed to the chart before he was interrupted by the noise of Jesse's phone.

"I'm sorry, I have to take this."

"Sure," Enrico said. He didn't seem to bothered by it either. He just relaxed into his chair and took a sip of his water.

He turned to me, whispering "what's between you and Jesse?"

I tried to hide how flustered I feel by the question. "what do you mean?" I pretend to be confused.

"He keeps looking at you the whole time."

"Nothing is up between us. He took me home, and I stayed at his place once that is all."

"Okay," he said before giving me a half smile,

Jesse entered few minutes later, worry plastered across his face. He seemed tense, his forehead furrowed. "Everything okay Mr. Blue?,"Enrico asked. I guess he noticed that too.

"Yeah," Jesse began looking anywhere but me, "just a personal problem I have to deal with. do you mind wrapping this up and we talk sometimes over next week?"

"Yeah for sure." Enrico turned to me and said, " Amelia leave this part out of the minutes."

I nodded and ended the notes right before Jesse left for his phone call. I wonder what was this personal problem that he had to postponed a business meeting to next week. It didn't look like a small problem.

"I'll see you then." Jesse shook hands with Enrico, nodded at me, and then left the building without saying another word. I was bothered by the whole minimum interaction, but I had no business being bothered by someone I barely knew.

"Ready to go?" Enrico asked. I nodded, as I quickly packed my work bag.

He led us to his car, and drove away into the north of Amsterdam, Plek, where we were meeting everyone from work. The team drink is a monthly after work gathering that the marketing department of the Grandeur company usually host. It's just a small event, with a few people, and it's definitely a non-formal event. Sometimes we would host clubbing night, or just casual drinking from one pub to another. It is actually fun, but I rarely go, because these people are quite a heavy drinker that I barely can't keep up.