The Uzumaki (8)

Third Person's POV

In the Land of Fire, a young Uzumaki Clan Head by the name of Ashina Uzumaki sat in the council room and just like the rest of the council, Shinobi and Civilian alike, they were waiting for the three elders and Master Jiraiya.

Sitting in her clan head chair, Ashina was perfectly poised and radiated grace and power alike. Everyone looked at her, knowing that her maturity had increased yet the price was quite high.

Neji stood behind his wife as she sat still, never moving an inch and if it wasn't for the fact you could still see her chest rising, you would have thought she was dead.

Ashina's long ankle red hair was in a side braid, letting the long strands of crimson red hair draped over her shoulder.

She wore a simple white kimono and the Hakai No Ha rested on her hip, it's blade ready to be drawn from its sheath at a seconds notice.

The obvious purple diamond in the middle of her forehead was visible to everyone, showing everyone that she possessed the Strength of a Hundred Seal.

Just then, the 4 people they had been waiting for came through the door. Jiraiya sat in the Hokage's chair.

The three elders sat beside him and after a moment of silence, Jiraiya crossed his arms with his eyes closed and spoke seriously.

" In Sensei's will, there were 3 successors. Myself, Tsunade and Uzumaki-Hime. However, I have declined and Sensei's will stated in the only emergency that Uzumaki-Hime was to be Hokage. "

" Meaning if myself or Tsunade both died either before or on the job, she would immediately become either the Godaime or the Rokudaime Hokage. " He paused as he let these words sink in.

" So, my question is, who's gonna go and tell Tsunade-Hime that she's the next Godaime Hokage? " he asked.

Silence permitted the air and for several moments, no one dared speak. Finally, the pregnant pause ended when Ashina herself spoke.

" I will go if Jiraiya-sama will accompany me. I have personal business with Tsunade-Hime anyways... "

" Just what business is this Uzumaki-Hime? " asked the slimy old war hawk himself.

" Clan business and thus none of your god damn business elder! " she snapped, her eyes flashing dangerously as she let her anger get the better of her for a few moments.