Bunny

She pushed her way through the halls of the hospital,only carrying a paycheck .She held in all of the emotions going through.She squeezed the rolled up paper in her hand and gritted her teeth,trying to smile at her patient."hello miss Montgomery,how are you?" She said swiftly still smiling."cut the bullshit honey"her old voice cracked."oh thank god"the nurse said collapsing into a chair next to the old lady."honey,could you pass me a drag?" The old lady asked reaching her hand for a cigarette."you smoke?" She asked finally handing her a lighter and cigarette."like a chimney" she croaked as she lit the cigarette and puffed a few smokes.The old lady stared at the tired nurse."so what are you doing here anyway?"The girl looked up to her with tears in her eyes."go home honey,a girl like you should be doing stuff, not spending her time at a hospital."She puffed another smoke and finally got the girl to leave."thanks miss Montgomery"her voice almost in sync."please,call me Jane."Jane put out her cigar and smiled at her.She closed her eyes and headed out.Her tired feet trudge to the open doors of the hospital,still wearing her scrubs.She stud outside looking at the snow fall.Her nose began to turn red as she rand through the snow.Her hands glided through the car and yanked it open,making snow fall on her.She shivered and slammed it shut.Minutes passed as she looked at the ripped paper."Jesus.."She banged her head on the wheel."Fuck!"tears rolled down her cheek.she hit the wheel repeatedly.She closed her eyes still holding the paycheck.She crumbled the paper and threw it out."screw it"she muttered in her breath as she reach for a lighter.but then-"hey!"a voice yelled out.She slowly looked up only to see a young boy in a nurses uniform,tapping the window.She looked at the shivering boy and slowly opened the window glaring at him.She cracked the window open and huffed at him.
"H-hey,Lucy I- uh what you up to?" The boy stuttered looking at the red head."what do you want?" She sighed getting annoyed ."well you see I uh really admire your work with your patients and uh it's a honor for me to actually be talking to you and I-i uh was wondering if you could um give me a uh..ri-" "sure" Lucy cut him off and unlocked the doors."get in."she demanded.The boy stud there,stunned.He slipped through the snow trying to open the door,finally opening the door and sitting awkwardly.He rubbed his hands trying to warm himself up.Lucy wiped her smeared mascara and started the engine.the boy noticed her and shuffled alittle bit.He reached into his pocket and grabbed something out."He-here,"- he held alittle bunny key-chain in his palm-"I um..I know it's not much but uh,I got you this" he mutteres as he hands it to her.She looked up to the smiling intern,so young,not knowing anything could happen.She looked at him and then the chain,then snatched the chain and put in the coffee holder.The boy stumbled back,and tilted his head."you alright?" He asked with guilt in his throat.She bit her lips and punch the engine."perfectly fucking fine."She muttered.The car crashed through the snow,going faster every minute.Lucy noticed the intern looking out at the window,she lowered her head knowing how shitty she was to him.The snow got thicker through the streets.But they finally arrived to the city."so where you live kid?" Lucy asked focusing on the road."oh,um ridge brook street."he answered as he looked out of the window.The sky scrapers shined through the misty snow.They finally arrived at the apartment.It was small and squished between two bars."welp this is uh my stop heh" he awkwardly chuckled.He slowly got out,but Lucy grabbed him by the arm."uh?" He looked the nurse slowly crying."l-Lucy..I-uh.."She looked up to his blue innocent eyes."do you-you wanna have dinner with me some time?"She asked still looking at him."s-sure"he said still shocked at her."ok..now get out." She pushed him out of the car and hit the engine,leaving him there on the ground."h-hey!" He yelled sitting on the floor.He felt his face get red and blushed at his bosses touch.Lucy giggled at the little boy,she grabbed the paycheck and threw out of the car.She slowly felt the little bunny,and hung it on her side of the car.Lucy smiled as she saw the bunny swing back and forth.