Chapter 12

Due to lack of sleep last night, as the flight takes off, I fall asleep.

I wake up by the voice of Niall, blinking my eyes twice, I open it, and it take me a moment to realize where I am.

 "hey, morning." He says, in my ear, grinning.

"Hiii..." I reply, rubbing my eyes, with back of my hands.

"Finally, sleeping beauty is awakened."

"Yeah"

"So... You want anything?"

"No...well yes, I would love to have a glass of water."

"Anything else?" he looks at me questioningly. i shake my head.

He stands, and moves to the front, after a moment returns with glass of water. "Here, you go." Handing me my glass, he sits.

 "thanks." I reply and empty the glass in few gulps.

"We'll be landing within few." He speaks, bringing me out of my reverie.

 "okay." I say with smile and return back to my daydream.

"Kath, what's wrong? I know, you are not happy with going to New York, but believe me once you settle in, it'll be fun plus, New York, is an amazing place to live in. however, it's a place that doesn't sleeps." He says, passing me a warm smile. 

"Have you ever been?" I turn to him, questioning.

His eyes freeze to front seat, as if he is in deep thought and suddenly a cute smile takes over his face. "Yeah, I have been there, many times, but I went there first, with my family, we had so much fun, I was small, but still I remember, each and every moment. My mom was so happy than with him, we went there to spent our holidays. I still remember my moms' smile, when she cycled on the streets of New York with me on her back, and him on the other one, she really enjoyed that." His voice changes to more like a whisper, sighing, he continues, "anyways, I went there many more times with lads for our tour, and you know what's the best part is, we live in an apartment, our apartment." He smiles cheerily. I smile at the thought as my mind pictures him as a young copper haired, blue eyed, chubby cheeks and pink lips boy giggling with joy at the back of cycle with her mother holding her tight with excitement, but as the thought strikes of his father leaving them, the shattered blue eyed boy with her lovely mother and she too left him soon all alone, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

 Relief floods through me, "Thank God, that means I'll not be stuck up in hotel room, which's the least I wanted." I pass him a warm smile.

 "Good, plus I can give you tour of the city, someday." He says cheerily.

And the pilot announces to buckle our seat belt as we'll be landing in a moment.