Chapter 1

Chapter 1

POV. Madison

My name is Madison Morgan. I am fifteen years old. In the end of May our government told us the world was overpopulated. (Something everyone already knew) In the beginning of June they released a deadly virus upon the people. This would kill at least 65% of the population. But the robots which were supposed to spread this virus turned against their makers. Every human above the age of 25 was immediately targeted. But the virus didn't only kill people, some were turned into murderous corpses. If the robots didn't kill you, the zombiefied humans would. The end has begun...

"Mad, get some water from the river will ya?" asked my dad. I grabbed the bucket and started jogging to the river. I took Atlas with me, he was a German shepherd and my closest friend right now. Our camp was close to the river, maybe a 10-minute walk. But mostly I ran. I always ran everywhere. It's also the reason why I have survived for so long. I had an excellent stamina. I was in school when the first wave of robots hit us. My dad called me and told me to get to our usual place in the forest where we train every day. My dad had taught me how to fight with a sword, because when I was little I really wanted to learn it. I dunno, I am a weird kid. I ran there in less than 5 minutes, while it's a 7-minute drive. I had short cuts tho. We had packed all our things, loaded them in the truck and took off. No questions asked. My dad, mum, older brother, me and our dog. In less than a month the world had gone to shit. Mostly all the women were immediately killed. Also my mother. She was getting wood for a fire when 4 turned humans got to her. That day I killed for the first time in my life, and I knew, it wouldn't be the last. I got to the river and filled the bucket, I had put it down beside me when I head a branch snap. Feck. I left my sword at the car. I took the bucket and twirled it around against whatever was stand behind me. "MAD! Are you crazy?!" yelled Thomas my older brother, who was now soaked. I started laughing hysterically. "Goddammit! I was just gonne ask if you came to the main tent for dinner..." he said sighing. I filled the bucket again and Thomas carried it for me, he was really sweet. Atlas was barking happily. We dropped it off and jogged to the main tent. In our camp there were about 20 people, and only 3 of them were female. Me, and old lady of 65 years old and Ella, a toddler who was really cute.

I sat down between my father and brother. They were really protective because of the whole 'almost all women are gone' thing. I understood. I was already used to the staring faces. Not all were bad, but some just see their passed away wives and daughters... Everyone has lost someone in this war. "John, I thought that maybe it's a good idea to leave tomorrow for another place to stay. Some people have spotted cranks during their search for supplies. My father, John, nodded his head and continued his dinner. After dinner I started walking to our tent by myself. Suddenly I was tackled to the ground by a crank I put my hands on it's shoulders so it couldn't bite me. Atlas bit it's leg and pulled it back, because of that I brought my legs up and kicked it aside. I rolled away, stood up and pulled out my sword. The crank came at me and with a swift stroke I beheaded it. A few members came to the rescue. "No worries, I got it covered." I said with a quick smile. My dad came running in and pulled me into a hug. "Are you okay?" he asked multiple times. With the same answer. I was fine. The same evening everyone packed their bags, and we left.

"Let's avoid the big cities Will" my father said through the walkie-talkie. We drove and drove until we finally found a good place to set up camp. We drove into a forest and got out of the cars. We had been driving for 5 ours, which was waaaaaay to long for me. "Imma go 'n scout the area." I said while putting my hair in a high ponytail. "Sword, phone and Atlas with you?" my dad yelled. "Dad it's 2036, who doesn't have his phone with him?" I said fake bitchy and sarcastic. He sighed and smiled. I heard a friend of him laugh and my brother face palmed. I smiled and took off. "C'mon boy!" God I missed running. I looked on the GPS on my phone, because of our solar chargers we still had electricity, which was really fucking amazing. It was a big forest, with a lake on the left side. "Atlas, search cranks, go on!" and with that he took off. No worries Atlas always came back to me. I ran and ran when I heard a sound from above, looked up and bumped into a wall. A wall? In a forest. Heauh? I looked up and saw a tall muscled guy standing in front of me. He looked at me in a weird way. "What? Is there something on my face?" I said sarcastically. "Yhea, little bit of dirt." Another voice said, which came from a guy who was sitting in a tree. That was the sound lol. "So what's a beautiful girl like you doing all alone in a forest?" the guy in front of me said smugly. "Scouting." I said with a fake happy face, which didn't show my true 'I wanne get the fuck outta here!' face. "All alone in a big forest... You are not a smart girl..." the guy behind me said. I turned around. "You know I have a katana right?" I said while lifting a brow. "Yhea I saw when I was checking you out" the other one said again. I turned back. They were dangerously close now. "I really have to go..." I tried. "Where's the fun in that?" the first one said with a dark glint in his eyes. I had never killed a living human being before. So I did what I did best. I ran.

Well thank you for giving this book a chance! Again writing with my lovely companion @D_Applepie we are going to write another great story! 

Enjoy!

D_Applepie & TheApplePieSqaud