Chapter 28

"Soda asked me to go to dinner with him tonight. Oh, Lucy, am I ever nervous."

Jess said to me. Jess quit her life selling sex and moved on to waiting a local diner. She said that she interviewed at other places, but they didn't want someone who was pregnant working there.

"Jess, that's great! Oh, you're going to have the best time. Soda must really like you, ya know"

I said to her. She smiled as I got up to go take Rosie out of her crib, for she had woken up.

"Do you really think so, Luc?"

"I know so! He only asks girl out that he really likes- that he can trust."

I said to her. She smiled with confidence. I giggled at how happy she was.

"You're too funny, Jess."

I said to her. She nodded in confidence. Suddenly, a smell creeped into my nose. Rosie needed a change of diaper.

"I hope you don't mind if I change Rosie."

"You know what, let me change her. I need the practice, after all"

I looked down at Rosie who was laying on my chest, then back at Jess. I smiled and nodded.

Jess slowly took Rosie out of my arms and placed her on the table. Not really where we usually put her, but, I let her continue. I handed her a diaper and the wipes we use.

"And, there we go!"

Jess said, as she held Rosie up to show me her job. She put the diaper on the wrong way, but, it was okay. I smiled at her as I took Rosie out of her hands.

I was concerned for Jess being a mother, as she never really had a good mother herself. She didn't know what a mother felt like, because her mom never comforted her. But, I know Jess will get along just fine.