Chapter 4

"Ask me anything, my dear."

He said to me. I was nervous to ask my question, but he was the only one who could answer it.

"Will I be your first? I mean, a-are you a virgin?"

I asked him. He didn't answer for a second.

"Yes. Yes I am, however, my brothers and the rest of the gang are under the impression otherwise I think. Since we're so intimate with one another, they think that we do it a lot, but, we've never actually done anything before."

He said. I did get the feeling that everyone thought we did the deed a long time ago.

"I see. I'm really sorry, Ponyboy. I really wish I could be more like Jess. I wish I could be easy going and could satisfy you. I just feel like I'm not a good girlfriend."

"Hey, don't say that. You're the best girlfriend I've ever had. A hell of a lot better than Cherry, that's for damn sure. I love you more than anything on the entire earth, and you have to know what."

He said, and kissed me. This kiss was long and passionate. He pulled me on top of him. His arms were around my waist, and his warm, bare chest embraced my always cold body.

After around 10 minutes of just pure love, the baby began to cry a little. I got up from his embrace and walked over to the crib, where she was laying. She must have had a bad dream, I thought. I picked her up and rocked her in my arms. I walked over to our bed and sat with Pony while trying to put the baby to sleep. I leaned on the bed, rocking her back and forth in my arms. She stopped crying, and was noticeably more relaxed, so I put her back in her crib and went back to my bed.

"I don't think I'm quite ready yet, anyway. Just, please don't think about it, okay? The time will come, my darling."

He said to me. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks, Pon. I love you more than anything."

I said to him.

"I love you to the moon and back. That's what my mom always used to say to me and my brothers."

"I like that. I love you to the moon and back, too."