Chapter 1

It's been almost three weeks since Pony and I moved into our apartment and I am loving it. I painted the walls myself. One wall was blue and had trees painted on it to represent the adventures Pony and I had in the woods. One wall was a sunset over the river, of course, Ponyboy's favorite. And then my favorite, a tall, beautiful, cherry blossom tree. It looked much like the one my mom had painted.

Our humble home was my favorite thing on the planet earth.

We had bought some furniture and stuff from the second-hand store, and the guy gave us some other things no charge.

Our house was only two rooms, the bedroom and then the kitchen, den, and dining room was all one room, so we had to make space.

In our bedroom, Pony had a desk where he sat and wrote and I had a Easel where I could draw and paint as I wished. Our bed was big and soft. Most mornings, I wouldn't want to get out of it because it was so comfortable.

Some mornings, I would walk out of my room in barely any clothes to see Two-bit or Steve or someone from the gang. They would just laugh and I would run back into my room for clothes.

Ponyboy and I still haven't had sex, and I was kind of glad. I didn't want to rush things anymore, and I think he was okay with it. I loved him for that.

I got a job at the local market making bread and also selling some of my paintings to the public. My boss said I could do so, after he saw my work. I was thrilled.

Ponyboy applied to a writing job for the Tulsa Times. I knew he would get the job, since he sent them the best application. He sent a sample of his work to them, along with his telephone number and address. They called him yesterday saying that they wanted to interview him today, and boy, was he excited.

Things in my life were finally matching up. Ever since I last saw my dad, my life turned around completely, and I loved it..