Chapter 27

It's been about month since Dallas and Kitty's tragic passing. Their funeral was two weeks ago. No one from either of their families bothered to show to the service.

They probably forgot to come. The gang took their death the worst, of course. Especially for Johnny, for some reason. He had a growing love and friendship for Dallas that it was hard for him to retain his tears.

Boy, Did I feel bad for him. Through many tears and much heartbreak, there comes a point of realization. Life moves on.

It had for us, at least. Me and Pony, that it. We had legally adopted Rosie. The adoption process was long and tedious, but, at least we know she's ours now. She's our daughter.

As weird as it sounds to my ear "Are you Rosie's mother?" Or "Rosie Winston, she shares a different last name than you", she's still my little baby. Pony and I have grown closer to her than ever before. She was a big part of our daily routine these days. We have some days where she's with Shanna, some where she's with Sodapop and Steve, and others where Jess is watching her, actually.

Jess and Soda are best friends now. She told him about her unwanted pregnancy, and he told her about his...indirect unwanted pregnancy. After that, they bonded like glue.

"Can you pick up some milk on your way home from work, Pon?"

I asked him as he tucked his shirt into his pants. He smiled at me as I balanced Rosie on my hip.

"Sure thing, my sweet heart."

He said as he kissed me. He tried to be super nice to me because he knows I get stressed out from the baby occasionally, but, that's what it's like being a mother.

I put Rosie into a big crib that I got for her. She loved her crib, because she loved to sleep. In her crib, she liked to play with her stuffed bears and rattles. I would just laugh whenever she played with them, because she was always so fascinated by how things worked.

Ponyboy came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt a peck of the back of my head and I giggled. He then turned me around so he could really kiss me.

And I mean Really kiss me.

I wanted that moment to last forever. His lips felt so perfect on mine, and his embrace fit perfectly on my petite figure. It was like a puzzle. I had found the missing piece.

"I love you more than you will ever know, my lady."

I blushed.

"I think We have a problem- love you more than you love me"

He laughed and shook his head. I smiled at him as he proceeded to walk out of the house to go to work.