I quickly caught up to him.  “Dylan!” I called.  He kept walking so I placed myself in front of him.  “What the hell?!” I yelled at him.  “What do you want?!  Can’t you tell that you were just a one-time thing?!” He bellowed causing a scene.  I looked at him with shock.  “What are you talking about?!” I felt vulnerable, I had just shared all of my secrets with him and now he was treating me like I was just some slut.  “You. Were. Just. A. One. Time. Thing.” He emphasized every word.  “You’re the biggest jerk and you will regret this day.  Don’t you forget who I am!  I am ELLE DUKE!  You are NOTHING!  You are a NOBODY!” I slapped him hard across the face and quickly walked into the school.  I held my head high.  Now was not the time to show my weak state.  Girls were glaring at me while others were giving me a nod of approval.

“I’m sorry about my brother.” I heard as a small arm linked with mine.  At first I was startled and looked to see a timid Sylvia standing at my side.  “It’s his loss.” I said flatly.  Over the years I had become good at hiding my true emotions but last night I let Dylan in.  How could he do that to me? “What was the last thing he said to you before you started fighting?” Sylvia asked.  “He said that I wasn’t going to like it.” I repeated his words.  I felt like such a fool and pulled out my phone and saw that I had a text from Dylan.  ‘Babe, I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you.  I had to make sure it looked authentic.  Don’t be mad at me.  You aren’t a one-time thing for me.  I feel more for you than I’ve ever felt for any other girl.’  I smiled to myself reading the last part over and over.  “Who is it from?” Sylvia said with a smile.  “You know damn well.  Do not let anyone know what you know.” I warned her.  “Don’t worry Elle.” She shook her head and walked away.  I sent a quick message to Dylan ‘I understand now.  You are something and a someone.  I’m sorry I said those things to you.  I care for you a lot as well, but then again, I was made for you.’  The bell rang and I made my way to class.

I entered the class that Dylan was in.  I rolled my eyes and spotted a new guy.  Walking to the back of the room, I took a seat next to the new guy.  He was tall, thin and tanned, I smiled over at him.  He smiled back.  I leaned into him.  “Hi.” I purred.  I noticed Dylan’s head snap in my direction and felt his eyes burning holes in me.  “Hello.” The new guy leaned into me.  “I’m Elle.” I introduced myself to him.  “I’m Sam.” His eyes glittered in the sun making his blue eyes sparkle like the ocean.  Secretly I was glad that I actually put time into myself this morning.  It was more for Dylan but little did I know that I’d have to go into Megs mode.  Remembering that I was wearing a skirt I turned my body towards him letting him drink up my long tanned legs.  I leaned over knowing that he could clearly see down my shirt.  “So, where did you move from?” I whispered.  His eyes roamed up my legs and then straight down my top.  Realizing that his eyes were nowhere near my face I glanced over at Dylan and winked at him.  He relaxed a little bit but not enough for my liking.  “I moved here from Nebraska.  I think you and I should talk.” He smiled at me.  “I think I’d enjoy that.” I purred touching his arm.  “Meet me after class and we can go somewhere more private to talk.” He whispered.  I nodded and turned in my seat.  The bell finally rang; I walked out of the class and waited for Sam to reach me.  Dylan stormed past me, he was pissed.

‘Don’t go too far.  I need you to be near me.  I don’t trust him.  I’m taking him to the library.’ I sent quickly to Dylan.  I waited for Sam; he was taking a long time.  Looking in the class he was talking with the teacher.  ‘Okay.’ Was all he sent.  Putting my phone in my pocket I finally saw Sam leave the room.  “Took you long enough stud.” I winked at him and linked arms with him.  “Sorry, I hate to keep such a beautiful thing like you waiting.  Where can we go that’s more private?” He whispered in my ear.  I led him to the library.  I saw that Dylan was sitting in one corner and I led Sam to the area that was on the other side of the stacker.  It was private but Dylan would be able to hear everything.  I was nervous but I sat closer to him than I wanted.