25. Let's go eat some hummus

Start from the beginning

When the taxi stopped outside what they were told was the correct address, Karim's palms were sweaty and his heart seemed to hammer at his ribs in anticipation. Isco wouldn't let Jese get down and the two of them sat in the taxi while Karim picked up the bouquet and walked up to the doorbell.

With a backward look at his friends for motivation, he took a breath and rang the bell. Let it be Shaheen who opens the door, please. I don't know how I could explain any of this to her family.

A minute passed and the door remained closed. Wondering whether the bell didn't work, he pressed it again, more forcefully this time. His ears picked up the ring of the bell inside the house. And yet no one opened the door.

She's seen me from somewhere and she's not letting anyone open the door. She doesn't even want to see me face-to-face. Ya Allah, please help me.

Desperately, he ran the bell again. Nothing happened.

By now Isco had decided enough was enough. Closely followed by Jese, he walked up to Karim, "What's wrong?"

"No one's answering the bell."

Isco frowned and ran the bell seven-eight times, its shrill loud rings making them wince. "I can't believe this," Isco shrieked. "Where is everyone?"

"Maybe you didn't get the right address?" Jese ventured.

Isco shook his head, "I hired the best person in town for the job."

"Maybe she's seen me and doesn't want to let me in?" Karim gave voice to his fears.

"Nonsense," Isco commented. "They've probably gone for shopping or something." Just to stress his disappointment, he pressed the bell again, its long ring piercing the air.

One of the neighbours stuck his red face out of a window of the adjoining house, "You morons, they aren't home! Stop creating noise on a Sunday!"

"Sorry but can you tell us where are they?" Karim asked as politely as he could.

"They've gone to India for the marriage," came the reply.

A cold shiver ran down Karim's back but it was Jese who asked, "Who's getting married?"

"Not the parents obviously," the man said before disappearing into his house.

"She's getting married?" Jese asked. "How did you not know about this?"

Isco made a funny noise, caught between a sob and a laugh, "What are you talking about? She can't be getting married. She was supposed to meet Karim a couple of days ago. She would have let him know of something like this. BESIDES, SHE LOVES HIM! WHY WOULD SHE GET MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE?"

How close were we? Shaheen and I? Would she have told me if she was getting married? She would have, wouldn't she? He knew basic things about her family. She had an elder sister who was married and a younger one who was either finishing school or in college. He wasn't sure about her mother since she never mentioned her and he had never pried.

A horrible thought entered his head, was she doing this to get back at him? He rejected the preposterous thought immediately. No, it wasn't possible. Anyway, what did it matter now that she wasn't here and probably getting married.

"Let's go home, guys," he muttered. "Sorry but show's over and so is your ship."

Isco looked at him with incredulity, "Are you crazy? We aren't going home."

Jese nodded even though he didn't understand, "Let's go eat some hummus first, right? I hear there's an excellent restaurant somewhere around the Square where they have five different types of hummus with a dinner platter."

Isco groaned, "No, I meant, we are going to India, of course."

"India?" Jese asked.

"Why?" Karim said, in a dejected tone.

Isco heaved a smile, "To save hashtag Sharim, of course."

Karim shook his head, "No way. Its useless."

"Yes way," Isco replied. "Don't you see? Its meant to be. Zariano sailed when Cristiano went to India and so will Sharim. India, the land of love." He nearly skipped to the car. Karim followed, shaking his head while Jese looked longingly in the direction he thought food was.

"Indiaaaaa," Isco called out, "here we come!"

[ YAYYYY AN UPDATE!
They are going to Indiaaaaa
#SHARIM is going to sail :')

Do tell us your views regarding the chapter. We love you all!

ALSO HERE'S A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION : SHOULD RAPHAEL GO TO INDIA TOO? PLEASE TELL US.

Anddddd we have updated a NEW BOOK called "TABLE NO. 53" , please please please check it out. It's very different from the normal football fanfics. You'll hopefully like it hehe. (IT HAS 7 GUYS AND LOTS OF TRAVELLING OKAY JUST READ IT xD) We'll update it's new chapter very soon.

Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT]